CHCPOL504B - Scenario: Educators Not Understanding Policies

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
hilalkay

CHCPOL504B - Scenario: Educators Not Understanding Policies

Post by hilalkay » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:24 pm

The staff and management committee of Wildara Community Centre meet on a monthly basis. They have a suggestion box so that everyone is encouraged to make comments and suggestions for agenda items....

One of the new workers writes that she does not fully ender stand some of the policies that she has to follow and is not confident in implementing them. The manager decides to introduce this topic at the next meeting.. when the members check the policy manual, they are surprised by some of the policy documents because substantial changes to community services expectations and obligations have occurred over the last few years many of the organisation policies do not seem to have kept in pace with changes.

What are the steps that should be taken? Describe and explain in detail, all the steps

Lorina

Re: CHCPOL504B - Scenario: Educators Not Understanding Policies

Post by Lorina » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:59 am

You will need to review and update the policies...

Have a read through the information here:

Reviewing and Developing Policies

:geek:,
Lorina

hilalkay

Post by hilalkay » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:21 am

http://www.cscentral.org.au/Resources/P ... opment.pdf
I found this website what do you think?

Small World

Post by Small World » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:48 am

In our policies and procedures we include as part of the actual document a date for reviewing the policy.. I am not suggesting this as best practice but it could be a point that you discuss when compiling your response to the original question?

On a practical level when teaching adults Educators) it is sometimes beneficial to ask them to respond with their interpretation of what is being asked of them.. this ensures that they have understood a task correctly or have taken on the learning.. so in these circumstances perhaps asking the staff members to feedback what they think is required from the policy, the clarity in the feedback will identify the effectiveness of the policy itself and the way it has been written; if the policy terms are simple enough to understand and they feedback accurately as to what is needed or expected then the policy has usually been written well and is clear in its requirements?

Finally I was thinking also how member's of the team can be part of compiling policies as those working on the ground will have a good understanding of what works well or what may present a challenge.. getting team members involved in policy thinking and writing offers empowerment to the those staff members involved; it values their ideas and contributions and offers a platform for sharing experiences and ideas..

Just some thoughts, hope it helps with your answers.. ;)

hilalkay

Post by hilalkay » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:26 pm

In our policies and procedures we include as part of the actual document a date for reviewing the policy.. I am not suggesting this as best practice but it could be a point that you discuss when compiling your response to the original question?

On a practical level when teaching adults Educators) it is sometimes beneficial to ask them to respond with their interpretation of what is being asked of them.. this ensures that they have understood a task correctly or have taken on the learning.. so in these circumstances perhaps asking the staff members to feedback what they think is required from the policy, the clarity in the feedback will identify the effectiveness of the policy itself and the way it has been written; if the policy terms are simple enough to understand and they feedback accurately as to what is needed or expected then the policy has usually been written well and is clear in its requirements?

Finally I was thinking also how member's of the team can be part of compiling policies as those working on the ground will have a good understanding of what works well or what may present a challenge.. getting team members involved in policy thinking and writing offers empowerment to the those staff members involved; it values their ideas and contributions and offers a platform for sharing experiences and ideas..

Can I just use this as an answer???

Small World

Post by Small World » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:36 am

Can I just use this as an answer??? ????

I am not sure what you may be asking, however if it is that you want to use part or all of mu post as part of your work or to inspire your responses, please feel free to continue.. hope it helps.. often I read other parties postings and work and it helps me find new direction for research or helps in the way I answer a question from existing knowledge and experience.

hilalkay

Post by hilalkay » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Thanks soo much:):)

hilalkay

Post by hilalkay » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:37 pm

What I meant was the answer you wrote can I just use that if that's ok??

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:07 pm

hilalkay wrote:What I meant was the answer you wrote can I just use that if that's ok??
No!... It's plagiarism and your assessor knows about our website which they often check to make students haven't cheated by copying answers from the forum... Use it as a guide and write your own answer...

Lorina

hilalkay

Post by hilalkay » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:25 pm

What I meant is changing it in my own words?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:38 pm

You will need to reference to this site, to the post where the information is since it's not your own idea...

Lorina

hilalkay

Post by hilalkay » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:09 am

:) all good

Small World

Post by Small World » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi Hilalkay,

I am not a teacher or trainer however here are my rambling thoughts..

The qualification you are pursuing will no doubt have some questions, scenarios or assignments for you to complete.. these are means of assessment.. they will be seeking to identify that you have understood your lecture, lessons or learning.. sometimes when completing a distance learning course you don't get the luxury of physical support which is why this site is so beneficial to its subscribers, it contains a great deal of information, knowledge and experience.

Any contributions posted here can be considered to inspire you or even give you focus for your independent learning or research, the internet is a wonderful resource but it is sometimes so broad of a field that it offers to much to consider and we end up researching more than studying and their is a subtle difference.

Personally I do use the internet for inspiration, I read factual reports and look at respected websites, with a particular focus on the Australian bodies that govern and report on the fields that we are interested in around childcare, welfare and education.

Copying anyone's work is frowned upon for may reasons, its not your work and it does not reflect your thinking so therefore it does not show that you have understood the learning area sufficiently to answer a question or tackle a task by your own means..

I also read books and reports that have been released to represent facts, if you need to use those facts to demonstrate your learning then you should give credit or acknowledge the report by detailing where the information came from..

I also use a library.. :0) yes a good old fashioned library.. I look at different teaching from around the world as there is a lot of other countries that either now educate the 'Australian' way or have done so previously..

I hope that this helps you and another others reading, its only my opinion, but just bear in mind that although it is hard work.. when you put the effort in to display your understanding and sometimes your interpretation the outcome can be very rewarding.. stick at it!

Best Wishes.. and Happy Australia Day everyone!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:10 pm

[ref]Small World[/ref],

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Much appreciated!

Lorina