CHCIC501B - Portfolio Of Documents Needed For Assessment & Rating Process

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Tabitha

CHCIC501B - Portfolio Of Documents Needed For Assessment & Rating Process

Post by Tabitha » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:23 pm

CHCIC501B-MANAGE CHILDREN'S SERVICES WORKPLACE PRACTICE TO ADDRESS REGULATIONS AND QUALITY ASSURANCE

Task 1
Prepare a portfolio to document key factors in managing an assessment and rating process. Relate this to your workplace or prac centre if possible.
Documents to include;
1. Self- assessment and Quality Improvement plan. done
2. List of resource contacts who can assist in the assessment process (done)
3. Letters to stakeholders to inform them of the assessment process and their role in the process
4. A format that examines the current practices in a prac service or workplace and measures against all national standards, with space allocated in the format for developing recommendations. (done)
5. Self evaluation sheet that measures the worker’s own performance against the national standards.
6. A list of records that are required in National Quality Standard; Exceeds National Quality Standard and Excellent in all the standards in your prac placement or workplace (done)
7. A policy that you have researched and developed and which is required in the standards. (done)
8. Two records required by the standards, which have been formatted according to their need (done)
9. Catalogue for storing resources and information (done)
10. List of documents that are required by your preferred service type and the type of storage that best houses them (done)
11. A continuous improvement plan (done)
12. Examples of two reports that have been written for the Assessment Committee that outline how the tasks were ‘actioned’ and how they were implemented
13. The sequence of tasks that should occur when guiding a self evaluation process (done)
14. A self study report based on one quality area or element and that includes a continuous improvement plan (Done)

What i would like some assistance with are points 3, 5 and 12 if t is possible

for 3 is there a template somewhere
5- is that like a checklist of the workers duties, linked up to the NQS? or am I on the wrong path?
12- is this two reports, on something that goes against the standard, such as a failure in proper supervision and how it was handled?

thank you
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCIC501B - Portfolio Of Documents Needed For Assessment & Rating Process

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:58 pm

Here are some ideas for the following questions:
3. Letters to stakeholders to inform them of the assessment process and their role in the process

Stakeholders include families, educators and the management committee, anyone involve within the centre. You can write a letter stating the assement process and what is going to happen during that time etc. Here is some information that may help: http://acecqa.gov.au/assessment-and-ratings-process
5. Self evaluation sheet that measures the worker’s own performance against the national standards.

For this you would list the each of the quality standards and then under each of the standards add a section as Educators Performance. In this section the educator can compare and evaluate how they are measuring up to the standards. You can also prvide a rating system something like "How Am I Acheiving This Standard" with an option of high, average, low and then give details. I haven't seen this sheet before so you would probably have to make it in MS Word.
12. Examples of two reports that have been written for the Assessment Committee that outline how the tasks were ‘actioned’ and how they were implemented

I think for this response it refers to during the assessment process if there was a task that the centre was not covering efficiently during the assessment visit then the assessor will make note of it, present it to the commitee and outline how the centre plans to improve upon it. I haven't a report for this so you will probably need to make it up... I'm not so sure...

Hopefully I've been able to help you,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:01 pm

I remember I had helped another student out with this same question so I'm added the topic here as well:

Preparing A Portfolio

:geek:,
Lorina

Tabitha

Post by Tabitha » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:32 am

Thank you Lorina :)