CHCIC501B - Develop A Sound Knowledge of Practice Principles

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
juliana

CHCIC501B - Develop A Sound Knowledge of Practice Principles

Post by juliana » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:42 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCIC501B
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
1. What information is available from the websites listed below that would assist you in continuing to develop a sound knowledge of best practice principles and emerging trends in service delivery and professional knowledge of the children’s services industry?
Reference the following websites when answering this question.
http://www.deewr.gov.au/EarlyChildhood
http://www.acecqa.gov.au
http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1. http://www.deewr.gov.au/earlychildhood

answer-National quality rating and assessment process
Approved Services will be assessed and rated against each of the seven Quality Areas of the National Quality Standard and the National Regulations. They will also be given an overall rating. The rating and assessment process aims to drive continuous quality improvement at services and provide families with better On 1 January 2012, the National Quality Framework will be established and will apply to most long day care, family day care, preschool (or kindergarten) and outside schools hours care services.
National Quality Framework
The National Quality Framework aims to raise quality and drive continuous improvement and consistency in education and care services through:
• a national legislative framework
• a National Quality Standard
• a national quality rating and assessment process
• a new national body called the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The National Quality Framework will take effect on 1 January 2012 with key requirements being phased in overtime. Requirements such as qualification, educator-to-child ratios and other key staffing arrangements will be phased in between 2012 and 2020.
National legislative framework
The national legislative framework is established through an applied laws system and consists of:
• the Education and Care Services National Law
• the Education and Care Services National Regulations.
It creates a jointly governed uniform national approach to the regulation and quality assessment of education and care services and replaces existing separate licensing and quality assurance processes. For many services this integrated approach means less red tape.
A Regulatory Authority in each state and territory will be primarily responsible for administering the National Quality Framework, including approving, monitoring and quality assessing services. It will be the first point of contact for services.
A new national body—the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority—will oversee the National Quality Framework and ensure the consistent and effective implementation of the new system.
National Quality Standard
The National Quality Standard sets a new national benchmark for the quality of education and care services. The National Quality Standard is divided into seven Quality Areas:
1. Educational program and practice
2. Children’s health and safety
3. Physical environment
4. Staffing arrangements
5. Relationships with children
6. Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
7. Leadership and service management.
The National Quality Standard aims to promote:
• the safety, health and wellbeing of children
• a focus on achieving outcomes for children through high-quality educational programs
• families’ understanding of what distinguishes a quality service.
information for making choices about their children’s education and care.
Assessments for existing services will commence from mid-2012.
The National Quality Framework will replace the National Childcare Accreditation Council.
2.www.acecqa.gov.au
ans-As the NQF progresses, every service in the country will be assessed to make sure it meets the new quality standard. In the meantime, as safety is paramount all day and every day, every service must comply with rigorous health and safety requirements.
To ensure children enjoy the best possible conditions in their early educational and developmental years, the NQS promotes continuous improvement in quality.
The major benefits for parents and children include:
• improved educator to child ratios
• greater individual care and attention for children
• educators with increased skills and qualifications
• better support for children’s learning and development
• a national register to help parents assess the quality of education and care services in their area.
Informed by extensive research
The National Quality Standard is linked to national learning frameworks that recognise children learn from birth. It outlines practices that support and promote children’s learning. These are:
• Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (‘Early Years Learning Framework’)
• My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Age Care in Australia (‘Framework for School Age Care’).
New and consistent ratings
The NQS introduces ratings for children's education and care services. The ratings cover Australian long day care, family day care, outside school hours care and some preschools/kindergartens.
Each service receives a rating for:
• seven quality areas, and
• an overall rating.
There are five rating levels within the national quality rating and assessment process:
• Excellent rating – awarded by ACECQA
• Exceeding National Quality Standard
• Meeting National Quality Standard
• Working Towards National Quality Standard
• Significant Improvement Required
3.www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au

Description and Message:
hi everyone can anyone help me with these question? that's my third assignment and I had completed all questions except this. so help me I would be thankful to you. plzzzzz thanx :sweating:
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: professional knowledge

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:36 am

I think what you have answered is fine.

For question 3 (early childhood Australia) you can add the Code of Ethics.

http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org. ... thics.html

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

ringo

Re: CHCIC501B - Develop A Sound Knowledge of Practice Principles

Post by ringo » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Can someone just explain what this questions is asking. I dont want an answer just an explanation to get me started " Which quality area of the NQS relates to the implementation of the national framework." I'm just a bit confused

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:22 am

The National Framework it is referring to is the EYLF... The NQS is the National Quality Standards...

This will help:

Guide To The NQS

Lorina

LuzCaolina

Post by LuzCaolina » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:09 pm

Dear, Im doing my diploma and i have a few questions
7. What do you consider to be the current “emerging trends” in early childhood education and care practice, in terms of Quality Improvement? (list and explain)
6. Provide at least two (2) “Best Practice” principles in regard to this task and reference to your relevant approved learning framework?

Can someone help me please
thank you

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:10 pm

LuzCaolina wrote:Dear, Im doing my diploma and i have a few questions
7. What do you consider to be the current “emerging trends” in early childhood education and care practice, in terms of Quality Improvement? (list and explain)
6. Provide at least two (2) “Best Practice” principles in regard to this task and reference to your relevant approved learning framework?

Can someone help me please
thank you
The following may help:

LINK

Lorina