CHCECE026 WORK IN PARTNERSHIP WITH FAMILIES TO PROVIDE APPROPRIATE EDUCATION AND CARE FOR CHILDREN

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
pris18

CHCECE026 WORK IN PARTNERSHIP WITH FAMILIES TO PROVIDE APPROPRIATE EDUCATION AND CARE FOR CHILDREN

Post by pris18 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:55 am

Hi,
I'm really need support for my assignment . Could somebody help me please?
This is the questions:

Scenario 1
Independence
The Wang family arrived in Australia from China 4 months ago. Their son, Yim has been attending the Children’s Service for 1 month.
Mrs. Wang was very distressed when she learned that the educator was not feeding her child, instead leaving him to feed himself finger food.
Mrs. Wang: “You are not caring for my child. You must feed him. He is only two and does not know that he must eat regularly. If you don’t feed him I will not know how much he has eaten. This is very important to me. I always feed my children properly. I am a good mother.”
Educator: “Yim (18months) can feed himself very successfully. I do supervise him but it’s important that he learns to feed himself. Remember he is one of ten children. I just don’t have the time to feed him!”
Later the educator shared the incident with her colleagues. “I don’t know why she made such a big issue over Yim feeding himself. You’d think she’d be pleased to see him becoming independent!”

Question :
1. What should the educator take into account when reflecting on Mrs Wang’s concerns?
2. In light of this statement, write a more sensitive and appropriate response.

My Answer:
1. Educator aknowladge about Mr.Wang concern. Give information to her about the important for children learn to be independent. That’s related with the enrolment form that childcare provided before parent put their children in the centre.
Discuss with parent to support children learning and independance in the centre by doing the same thing at home as well. So that Yim will be independence and eat by himself
2. Give this information to parent about the NQS for children in the centre. Families are supported in their parenting role and their values and beliefs about child rearing are respected. We aknowladge about parent beliefs about their habit to fit their own children. Encourage parent to support their child being independence.

Scenario 2
Unhappy
Mrs. Holz, the parent of an 11 month old withdrew her child from the centre without any explanation after 4 months in care. Another parent tells the Director that she and the family have a mutual friend who said the family was unhappy that there seemed to be a different educator in the room every day.
The child’s primary educator had been on extended sick leave and there had been several casuals covering her absence. This was compounded by several changes in the roster which led to a series of staff working the early and late shift.
The Director had not informed parents of the reason for the many changes in staff.

Questions
1. What information should have been provided to parents?
2. What alternative strategy could have been put in place to cope with this team member’s absence (give a reason for your suggestion).
3. How should the Director follow-up with Mrs Holz?

My Answer:
1. We provided about information about educator situations in the parents information by email. Assure parent about this condition and no need to be worried, because they will look after the children as usual.
2. Create a fixed schedule for teachers (even casual) which is fixed and is not changing. Children will be confused and feel uncomfortable because they don’t know their educator. Parent also uncomfortable and anxious to leave their children at the centre
3. Give time for Mrs. Holz to recovery herself at home until she’s feeling really healthy and not sick anymore.

I don't know if i'm in the right track.

Thank you so much for your help.
Pris

Nik1229

Re: CHCECE026 WORK IN PARTNERSHIP WITH FAMILIES TO PROVIDE APPROPRIATE EDUCATION AND CARE FOR CHILDREN

Post by Nik1229 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:01 pm

im stuck on same questions ..dealing with same secenarios....