CHCECE024 - Play Experiences To Identify Outcomes, Development and Educator Roles

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mithme

CHCECE024 - Play Experiences To Identify Outcomes, Development and Educator Roles

Post by mithme » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi. Can please offer help with
If anybody had the same question and how you answered. I am not having an idea about how to anser
Question 19
The photographs below show typical play experiences that may be provided for children on a daily basis to support learning and development.
For each experience:
a) Identify a learning outcome linked to the EYLF.
b) Identify the key developmental areas which may be supported by the play.
c) Identify the key role of the educator in supporting children’s learning.
Play Experience

a. Block play
Picture - building castle with wooden blocks
b. Gardening
Picture - basket containing vegetables
c. Learning Centres
Picture - books and home corner toys on the table
d. Shared Experiences
Picture - teacher talking with children
I have never worked in childcare or with children. trying to learn but finding it too difficult.

Scenario 5
The Coffee Morning – Mardi – Observation taken 12/9/xx
Mardi (4 years 8 months) decided it was a beautiful day to have coffee in the garden. “I just need to get some things for my coffee morning”, she told me. “Do you need any help?” I asked. “No thanks Brooke; I know where to get things. You can come for coffee when I’m all ready OK?”
“OK, sounds wonderful. I’ll see you later.”
Mardi busied herself with her preparations. She pulled the red table over near the rain tank, and then added a cloth & flowers. Next came the chairs. I was intrigued to see Mardi rearrange the table three times until it was in the right spot. As she worked she talked to herself. “No, too hot, just here. Oh, I think I need to move it. There. “Now there’s no room for the picnic.” Mardi moved the table for a third time then went inside and gathered her bits and pieces in one of the large baskets. Lilly wandered over and asked Mardi what she was doing.
“Actually I’m making a coffee morning. That’s when you sit in the garden and drink coffee and eat cakes with your best friends. You say, ‘Oh that looks delicious. I’ll just a have a little tiny bit.’
“I can be your friend and come to the garden Mardi”, said Lilly.
“Yes you can. Brooke is coming too so you will have to sit on the picnic blanket.”
“OK”, said Lilly.
Mardi set out her picnic blanket and her flowers. She also had a bug catcher, shells, a drink bottle, paper, coloured pencils and some rocks. “There, it’s ready now, time for coffee.” Mardi sat at the table and pretended to drink coffee. “Would you like some delicious cake Lilly?”
The girls continued to pretend to eat and drink for a few minutes.
“Now it’s time to look at my shopping. See what I bought? Do you love this?” Mardi started to show Lilly the various items she had set out, discussing each one, the shop it came from and the cost.
Lilly seemed a bit overwhelmed by Mardi’s lengthy descriptions and kept smiling and nodding her head.
“Well I’ll just go and put on the kettle and make some fresh coffee. I think Brooke is coming soon.”

Q - Provide an analysis of Mardi’s learning and development as evidenced in the observation.
Q - From your interpretation identify ways you could extend on this experience for future learning opportunities.
I can write analysis of mardi's learning and development but don't know ways to extend on this experience for future learning opportunities.

Please help.

mithme

Re: scenario and play experience of unit chcece024

Post by mithme » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi can anyone tell me if this is right.

For block play
a. Learning outcome 4.1 - Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity.
Learning outcome 4.2 - Children develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, inquiry, experimentation, hypothesizing, researching and investigating.
Learning outcome 5.1 - Children interact verbally and non-verbally with others for a range of purposes.
Learning outcome 5.4 - Children understand how symbols and pattern systems work.
b. Key developmental areas supported by block play are physical development, cognitive skills, language development, social and emotional development.
c. Educators assist children to carry blocks where required, provide ideas to pile the blocks, making connections and create structures and making elaborate constructions. Educators also help children identify blocks by proper name, shape, size or color.

For Gardening
a. Learning outcome 2.4 - Children become socially responsible and show respect for the environment
Learning outcome 4.1 - Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm
Learning outcome 5.1 - Children interact verbally and non-verbally with others for a range of purposes.
b. Key developmental areas supported by gardening can be sensory, physical, intellectual, social and emotional attributes.
c. Educators interact with children and exchange ideas, explain the importance of nature and environment, respond to children's interests and curiosity, introduce the importance of nutrition.

Can anybody help me with learning centres and shared experience

mithme

Re: scenario and play experience of unit chcece024

Post by mithme » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Sorry for posting again and again. For the scenario I have attempted the first question.
Q. Provide an analysis of Mardi’s learning and development as evidenced in the observation.

Mardi has a very good observation of how adults host high teas. She may have observed her mum or some adult while setting up for high tea for a group of friends, guests or even just a get together. She role plays how things are organised for coffee morning and is persistent to get things right and the way she wants it to be. She makes sure all of the items from her list are available and arranged. By setting up flowers just to create a space that is pleasant shows how she has developed her skills. By inviting friends and educator for her coffee morning and explaining about number of things she shows her development in social skills too. The scenario also shows how well organised she is for her age. She has a good understanding of how to host people which she may have learnt observing someone at home or observing things at a restaurant.

Can anything be added to my response?

I need help with the second question as I do not have any idea.
From your interpretation identify ways you could extend on this experience for future learning opportunities.

Thank you all very much.
Awaiting a response.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE024 - Play Experiences To Identify Outcomes, Development and Educator Roles

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:58 am

You got the right idea and are on the right track with your responses:

For identifying a learning outcome you can use the following:

How Children Achieve Outcomes

As for the role of educators, you can use the following article. It provides information on the benefits of each interest area within a early childhodd seting which will give you an idea on how educators can support learning:

Benefits Of Interest Areas

For the second scenario, since Mardi enjoys role playing you could set up a cafe in home corner where Mardi could interact with her peers, create a "tea party" for morning or afternoon tea, have am outdoor picnic for lunch, give MArdi an opportunity to set the tables and decorate them for lunch.

Hope these give you some ideas,

:geek:,
Lorina

Nik1229

Re: CHCECE024 - Play Experiences To Identify Outcomes, Development and Educator Roles

Post by Nik1229 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:08 pm

hi .. i have got same The coffee morning Mardi scenario but there is a third question added to it ie . how could you involve mardi's family in collaborating for future experience ? please i need answer to this question.
thank you

Nik1229

Post by Nik1229 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:13 pm

hi ... have the same the coffee morning -mardi scenario , but there is a third question added to it and i need answer for that ie, How could you involve mardi's family in collaborating for future experience? please reply asap.

thank you