CHCECE023 - Scenario: Tilly - Bright For Her Age

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Ashley-Jade Trenaman

CHCECE023 - Scenario: Tilly - Bright For Her Age

Post by Ashley-Jade Trenaman » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:44 pm

hello!
i am currently studying my diploma of early childhood education and care and the module i'm currently doing is CHCECE023- Analyse information to inform learning and the question that i am currently stuck on is...

you are the room leader in the 4-5 room at your centre. you have a 4 year old named Tilly in your room. Although Tilly has had no formal assessments completed, it is obcious that she is exceptionally bright for her age.
1. why is Tilly considered to have additional needs?
2. How would Tilly's additional needs affect your programming?
3. Outline a minimum of 4 services/ resources you could suggest to Tilly's parents.

In my honest opinion I do not consider her to have additional needs as all children develop and grow at their own pace but the question is stating that she must have an additional need and she is being consider one as she is exceptionally bright which could be a sign of autism or Aspergers syndrome.

Tilly’s additional needs would affect my programming as I would need to create a different plan for her to contribute in so that she is always learning new things but as well as being a social child in her room. I would need to make sure that Tilly is always being pushed to the limit and above that limit.

I am struggling to figure out an answer expect for IPSP.
Would you guys be able to help me with that question and tell me if i am on the right track with the other two answers?

Thank you!! :)

Lorina

Re: CHCECE023 - Scenario: Tilly - Bright For Her Age

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:09 pm

With additional needs it's not just considered a child with a disability, it could also include a child from a diverse background, a child with a behavioural problem, a child where English is a second language and like in your scenario a child who may be exceptionally bright for her age. I guess you could say that a child that doesn't fit the "norms" so to speak is considered a child with additional needs.

Yes, for 2 you will need to provide experiences which challenge her and give her more opportunity to think and discover....

For q3) do you think you could provide parents on information on where to get their child tested or assessed?

:geek:,
Lorina

Ashley-Jade Trenaman

Post by Ashley-Jade Trenaman » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:34 am

Thank you! that helped me alot and i was able to hand in the assessment. :)

anish1

Post by anish1 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Hi Lorina,
If you can help me out for below question.

Describe how YOU recognized ( or would recognise ) and respected the needs of people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds in at least 3 different situations using selected and used appropriate verbal and non verbal communication.

I am not able to find answer.
can you please help me for that OR you can give me 1 example of that.

Regards

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 27, 2017 4:56 pm

anish1 wrote:Hi Lorina,
If you can help me out for below question.

Describe how YOU recognized ( or would recognise ) and respected the needs of people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds in at least 3 different situations using selected and used appropriate verbal and non verbal communication.

I am not able to find answer.
can you please help me for that OR you can give me 1 example of that.

Regards

It's about an experience where you interacted with someone from a socially diverse background and how you used either verbal/non verbal interactions with them.

Such as: a family who may have not speak much English you would show them pictures of their child on what they have done throughout the day.

Or get someone from the centre maybe an educator or another parent to help interpret information to a family...

:geek:,
Lorina