CHCECE023

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ladybug

CHCECE023

Post by ladybug » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:31 am

Just wondering if I can get some help regarding the terminology question on my assignment

I need to match up the terminology with the meaning and i want to ensure I am on the right track as I haven't heard all the terminology before

Qualitative data - Information or data that is not able to be measured using number value

Quantitative data - Data that can be counted or measured and given a number value

Program evaluation - A rigorous, quantitative method to determine if there is a causal relationship between service delivery and children achieving desired outcomes

Cost benefit analysis - Determining if the outcomes and/or benefits of a service are justified by the operating costs

Impact study - A clear explanation of how the components of the service effect the changes in children and families moving them towards achieving desired outcomes

Logic model - Describes the components and outcomes of a service, with the aim of improving the documentation and/or quality of the service

thank you in advance
L

Lorina

Re: CHCECE023

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:48 am

These are referenced from Wikipedia:
Quantitative data are measures of values or counts and are expressed as numbers. Quantitative data are data about numeric variables (e.g. how many; how much; or how often).

Qualitative data are measures of 'types' and may be represented by a name, symbol, or a number code

Program evaluation is a systematic method for collecting, analyzing, and using information to answer questions about projects, policies and programs, particularly about their effectiveness and efficiency.

Cost benefit analysis (CBA), sometimes called benefit costs analysis (BCA), is a systematic approach to estimating the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives (for example in transactions, activities, functional business requirements or projects investments)

A logic model (also known as a logical framework, theory of change, or program matrix) is a tool used by funders, managers, and evaluators of programs to evaluate the effectiveness of a program.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina