CHCECE007 DEVELOP POSITIVE AND RESPECTFUL RELATIONSHIPS WITH CHILDREN

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
brittneymayes.05

CHCECE007 DEVELOP POSITIVE AND RESPECTFUL RELATIONSHIPS WITH CHILDREN

Post by brittneymayes.05 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi guys im a little stuck on
activity 5
Q2 Consider a situation in which a child might be expected to make a decision. Describe the situation and explain how the SODAS technique might be applied to this situation. Be specific. (50-75 words)

i did have a go at it can you guys tell me if its correct or i need to change it please :)

choosing where to sit during lunch
•discuss with the child about where they wish to sit
•talk to the child about the options where to sit such as "you could sit with sarah at the round table or you could sit with tim at the long table"
•discuss with them about the disadvantage between sitting with sarah compared to tim, if the child can not come up with one its a good idea to help so they can see the disadvantages, "sarah's table is small and only 3 of you can sit there, tim's table is larger but when u sit with tim he usually distracts you from eating"
•then discuss the advantages of each choice, again if they struggle to come with any assist them to do so "with sarah you are able to eat all your lunch and be able to talk without yelling, at tims table more of your friends can sit with you"
•suggest a choice for the child (i would suggest sitting with sarah so they can eat all their lunch) but inthe end the choose must be the child's