CBGP

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
RMNeville
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

CBGP

Post by RMNeville » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:40 am

Hi I am currently studying Diploma and trying to get module 6 done stuck with CBGP planning Questions I have put anxiety in it and I have been told its not a behaviour and to redo the whole question I have asked 3 educators one being my 2IC and Ed leader and they have said you need the CBGP to help with the guidance I have the below.
Question 3. Collaborative Behaviour Guidance Plan (CBGP)
1. With parent’s information, input and support, I would like to provide a guidance to Charlie and the other nursery children so they can develop into young humans that have the right behaviour required for long term schooling. Also they are guided to do self-exploring and growing to help them experience things that a nice and not so nice. Also for a long term goal for them to be able to self-settle and be more confident in their surroundings so they can grow to be dependent of their adult figures in their lives.
2. For the short goal I would like to focus on reassuring her in the room and help her develop for the next age group within the childcare centre with help of family.
3. My objective is to provide guidance to Charlie 11 months while in my care, in the nursery and other areas so she can grow to be more confident.
4. When she come in with parents when she sees an educator she is upset straight away knowing that her parent is about to leave her.
5. By observing each time she comes into care by myself and asking parents to take notes on how her behaviour is.
6. Being more settled when she attends care and being able to move around without getting upset by someone just simply opening the door.
7. As the child is very young and doesn’t understand that she is safe. Each time she comes into care reassure her by repetitively making her feel safe and know her parents will be back.
8. With an assistant educator in the room I would explain to them that we need to reassure Charlie she is safe when she gets upset and as she likes to be carried a lot instead of carrying her sit with her on the floor or where the activities might be taking place so she feels reassured. I would also explain this to the relief staff that come into the room.
9. The plan was reviewed a month later to see how things were going at home and how the transitions were happening when she came into the centre. As most weeks when she came in a conversation was had with the parent anyway to monitor on a weekly basis.
Reflection of Charlie 29th June 2016
Over a couple of weeks there has been some changes in her being not being upset as much, its been noted that when mum brings her in she is more upset then when dad drops her off.
Will keep monitoring her and do a review in 2 weeks to see whether we continue or not with extra carer.

10. Outcome 1: Children feel safe, secure and supported
With this outcome it’s to help the child in question to feel they are safe in their surroundings at the centre and that educators help her with having security and being supported when she is upset.
11. As I am lead educator in the Nursery I observed her on a daily basis with the help of and assistance of the director, and the Childs family.
12. I explained and worked with both mum, dad and grandma on occasions. It helped significantly when we combined knowing the family history of anxiety (mum was the same at her age) and having the shorter days the start to get her use to being separated and knowing her parents always come back to her. We spoke to Inclusion support to get extra assistance while she was getting settled into the room.