BSBPMG522 - Scenario: Working On An Advertising Campaign

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mimi13

BSBPMG522 - Scenario: Working On An Advertising Campaign

Post by mimi13 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:05 pm

Question:
You and your project team have been working on a new advertising campaign for the organisation you work for. The campaign has been designed and delivered. It is your job to assign staff involved in the project to new roles or reassign to previous roles. One staff member is upset about having to return to their previous role. Write a transcript of what you would say to them to placate them.

My answer is:
Manager: Thanks for coming in today Peter, I’ve been meaning to catch up with you for the last few days. You have been with our company for just over 6 years now and you are currently one of our best and hard working members. How do you feel about your job role, as it came to my attention about your disappointment to return to your previous role.

I understand your reasons why you are not happy returning to your previous role, and I would like to offer you some options, but I would like you to go home and think about it, and when you are ready, come and tell me your decision.

Firstly, I would like to provide more training for your role, or even add an additional staff member to help out with the extra responsibilities. Secondly, I could swap your role with Daniel’s position, only if you are happy to change to something different. Think about your choices, and I would like to see you advance in the near future. I would also like to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas about this role.

My lecturer said:
"Firstly, I would like to provide more training for your role= this phrase sounds like the person is not able to complete their duties
or even add an additional staff member to help out with the extra responsibilities= person is not able to complete their duties
Secondly, I could swap your role with Daniel’s position= sound like the employer is doing a favour to the employee
only if you are happy to change to something different
Think about your choices, and I would like to see you advance in the near future. I would also like to hear if you have any suggestions or ideas about this role.

these are great suggestion, however the wording used seem condescending .

It is always good to ask the person what they would like and what changes they would like to see.
Also give time to assess that the completion of the project means that the team will be disbanded and there will be feelings of loss.

I would like you to try and answer this question again."

I am really stuck with this question, I tried three times and still I have no idea on how to answer it.
Anyone has any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Lorina

Re: BSBPMG522 - Scenario: Working On An Advertising Campaign

Post by Lorina » Wed May 17, 2017 12:13 pm

I think you're responses are good... I don't think it wrong as such... Anyway, your assessor seems to have another alternative... In this case: like your assessor suggested you could ask the staff member what his ideas and suggestions that he wants to implement in his job role. What can you do to make their role seems more interesting and exciting for them... etc?

:geek:,
Lorina