A Picture To Capture Children's Attention

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Alexsa85

A Picture To Capture Children's Attention

Post by Alexsa85 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:20 pm

im stuck in this question
nothing coming up in my head what/which picture would be here, could you help me please with these
i would appreciate it with your help
thanks in advance

Locate a colourful and interesting picture that you could show to children. The picture should be one that will pique children’s curiosity/ capture their attention. List 10 questions that you could ask children about the picture to help them explore it.

Alexsa85

Re: Promote children’s agency

Post by Alexsa85 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:31 pm

am i on the right track?
could i use this exAmple?
but these an example does not show a picture but we could use a white board with a short video

As a teacher, you can model the steps involved in problem solving by using both spontaneous activities (such as the sandbox event) and planned explorations. The following outdoor experiences help illustrate how you can turn children's curiosity about ants eating a cracker on the sidewalk, or about seeds, into problem-solving activities.

1. Define the problem.

For an ant study, ask children: "What do you observe the ants doing? What do you wonder about what ants like to eat?"

For a seed study: "What does a seed need to grow? What is inside a seed?"

2. Brainstorm predictions, hypotheses, or solutions.

For an ant study, ask: "What do you think ants eat? What don't they eat?"

For a seed study: "What are some other living things? What is inside them? What do they need to grow?"

3. Create experiments for further exploration.

For an ant study, ask: "How can you find out what ants eat?"

For a seed study: "How can you find out what is inside a seed? How can you find out what it needs to grow?"

4. Discuss predictions.

For an ant study, ask: "How will you know if the ants like to eat a particular item? How will you know if the ants don't like to eat something?"

For a seed study: "How will you know if a seed is growing?"

5. Conduct the experiments, then analyze the results.

For an ant study, ask: "What did you find out about food ants like to eat? What did the ants do with it?"

For a seed study: "What did you find out about what plants need to grow? What, if anything, speeds their growth? Slows their growth?"

6. Extend the experiences.

For an ant study, ask: "What else do you wonder about ants? Why do you think they move and work in such large groups? How can we find out more?"

For a seed study: "What other things would you like to know about seeds? Where do you think seeds would grow best? What are the differences between planting seeds indoors and outdoors? What can we do to learn about these things?"

Lorina

Re: A Picture To Capture Children's Attention

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Why don't you do something on caterpillars morphing into butterflies...

Check these out:

Caterpillars

:geek:,
Lorina

Alexsa85

Post by Alexsa85 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:38 pm

thank You Very Much :thumbup:

zajasuh

Post by zajasuh » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:36 pm

I'm a long time lurker of this forum. As a parent, I must say I find the idea of morphing Caterpillars interesting.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:07 am

zajasuh wrote:I'm a long time lurker of this forum. As a parent, I must say I find the idea of morphing Caterpillars interesting.
Thanks!

:geek:,
Lorina