Rewards Chart For OOSH Children

Discuss issues regarding children's behaviour at your centre, disciplining children, dealing with difficult child, biting child, aggresive children and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
smippy
Helper
Helper

Rewards Chart For OOSH Children

Post by smippy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi I am currently employed in an Out of school hours setting and I was just wondering if anyone had any idea for something we could use as a rewards chart for when the children help out others etc.We currently have something called a dojo point system which is installed on one of the computers that can only be accessed by educators,so if the educators do not place the points immediately they are sometimes forgotten and also the children cannot physically see their achievements.I know that having something that can be seen by the children may cause disappointment and rivalry when points for some children are higher than others but on the other side it is something that the children can see and contribute to themselves which will hopefully give them a sense of achievement particularly those children who might perhaps not be so confident.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: rewards chart

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:01 pm

Create your own chart and laminate it and use whiteboard markers on it so you can wipe it clean, add change names of children etc
You can easily take a photo of it to keep a record.

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: rewards chart

Post by linsaa fdc » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:58 am

Or google free printable reward charts, there are so many online and I get the school children to pick their own chart, they really like to see it fill up :wave:

Lorina

Re: Rewards Chart For OOSH Children

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:02 pm

Instead of having a reward chart for individual children, why don't you create groups, name each group and reward the group points for good deeds? Once the group reaches the maximum number of points than the whole group gets a prize. You could do it as per age, as per year, mix them up, or choose captains and they pick names out of a hat one by one to create their group.

The children could become involved in creating group names, even come up with a list of "daily good deeds" that each group needs to complete for a maximum number of daily points. The captain will need to keep track of this and report this to an educator when they leave. You could give them a form to fill as evidence of the daily good deeds done. So, one, for example, would be "help an educator set up equipment" or another could be "help a younger child", "pick up 5 pieces of rubbish off the floor" these could be 2 points each and on the form next to each good deed an educator can sign as a witness. Then at the end of the day, the points can be tallied and put onto a point board etc.

I think this may be beneficial as it gets the children to co-operate and develop awareness of others. Since they are older we need to encourage them to be respectful and be kind and work together in a team....

Just thought I'd share my idea!

:geek:,
Lorina