CHCECE006 Support the Behaviour of Children and Young People

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
fiza

CHCECE006 Support the Behaviour of Children and Young People

Post by fiza » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi,
I submitted this assignment and I got a re-submission on this question:
Explain the difference between a disruptive behaviour and behaviour of concern.
Include three indicators of when a disruptive behaviour becomes behaviour of concern.
This is my answer so far
Ans: - Disruptive behaviour is when a child doesn’t cooperate and prevents themselves and other children in the room from doing an activity. A disruptive child also manages to grab the educator’s attention and prevent the educator from giving the other children attention. A disruptive behaviour is a behaviour that distracts an educator’s and other children from learning. It lasts for a short period of time.
Behaviours of concern are sometimes called “challenging behaviors”. They can be when a child does things that hurt themselves, other people or things. This behaviour can stop them from doing things that other children’s learning/development. These behaviours can seriously hurt children. This behaviour can be very stressful and upsetting.
Then my teacher gave me this comment telling me to resubmit this assignment:
Children can harm each other because of behavioural immaturity – without it being a behaviour of concern. For example young children hit each other rather than other non-violent ways of solving problems because they have not learned them. This is normal development. And as educators we teach them how to control their emotions so they don’t resort to violence.
It’s the same with destroying property – this is not positive behaviour but it isn’t always a behaviour of concern either.