Yr 10 Student Doing An Assignment On Childcare Business

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
leah.braham

Yr 10 Student Doing An Assignment On Childcare Business

Post by leah.braham » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Hello, I'm a grade 10 student who has to do an assignment about starting our own business/service. I've decided I'd like to talk about childcare, and I was wondering about costs, tips, ideas, and anything like that, to help me. What sort of costs could I expect and should research, and what sort of prices should I theoretically charge?
Anything helps.
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Yr 10 Student Doing An Assignment On Childcare Business

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:52 am

Interesting assignment!

Starting up a childcare business is a lot of work! Charging families per child per day, really depends on how many families at the centre, then working the cost of educators needed to run the centre (based on ratio and qualifications)and whether the centre is going to provide "all meals", nappies for babies and toddlers etc. It also depends on the location and suburb you're in. Usually centres charge more for babies room, then a little less for toddlers, then lesser for preschoolers etc.

Here are some articles on cost of childcare:

Quality Childcare
Childcare Costs

Another option is to start a family day care business. This means you can run a childcare from home. You'll be the only one looking after the children so each day you'll be able to look after 7 kids altogether. It may be easier to work out this then a big centre. Here is some information:

Family Day Care Fees
Overview Of Family Day Care

Hope this gives you starting point,

Let me know if I can help you out further,

:geek:,
Lorina