Trouble loading photos on templates and orientation

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Little Wombats

Trouble loading photos on templates and orientation

Post by Little Wombats » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi,
I am having issues with the inserting of a photo in the rainbow observation template. The photo won't go into the square provided and when it does the orientation of the photo is landscape not portrait, for some reason the template changes the pic orientation?
Not sure what is happening, new to this lol, HELP!

Lorina

Re: Trouble loading photos on templates and orientation

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Hi Diane,

The issue you are facing usually happens when the photos are taken sidewards and when the device does not auto-rotate the orientation. Therefore, when these photos are inserted into the forms, they will appear sidewards since that is the original orientation of the photo when it was taken. You cannot rotate the photos directly from template itself. You need to rotate the photo before inserting into the template. If you are using windows, it is very easy to rotate the photos sidewards using Windows Photo Viewer before inserting into the template.

I will give you a couple of links below where I can given more info on this issue. Hope this helps:

http://aussiechildcarenetwork.com.au/fo ... lates-7185

http://aussiechildcarenetwork.com.au/fo ... 285#p17042

Cheers,
Lorina.

mollyjade2

Post by mollyjade2 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:51 am

Hi I am having trouble inserting a photograph on to any of the templates.

Can you please advise on how I can do this? I have an apple mac computer.

Thanks

Donna

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:57 pm

mollyjade2 wrote:Hi I am having trouble inserting a photograph on to any of the templates.

Can you please advise on how I can do this? I have an apple mac computer.

Thanks

Donna
Hi Donna,

With the templates, the trouble you are facing usually happens when the pdf file is opened through the browser which will have limited functionality. For example, the browser will open the template fine but will not have the functionality like adding photos, nothing happens when clicking the finalise button, etc.. To resolve this, when you download the template you have to open it through Adobe Reader directly and not through the browser. Once you open directly via Adobe Reader, the pdf template will be editable and all its features like inserting photos, etc.. will be available for you to use.

If you are using Mac and the latest Adobe Reader version, here are the steps:

a) Minimize your browser after downloading the file. Do not open the file yet.
b) Launch Adobe Reader application from your launchpad or click the Adobe Reader icon if its already placed in your dock.
c) In Adobe Reader, select Home -> 'My Computer' under Storage -> Browse and select the filename of the template you just downloaded. Usually you can find it in Download folder unless you moved it to Desktop or somewhere else when you downloaded the file.

This will now open the pdf template directly through Adobe Reader program which has all functionalities and the template will work perfectly.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:57 pm

Let me know if the above steps help!

:geek:,
Lorina