Tree of Strengths Template

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Tree of Strengths Template

Post by sherry.mcc » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:28 pm

The Tree of Strengths looks great.
Not sure what to put in and how to put in though. Any chance of showing what to do.
With the older templates you showed what we can put in them which helped to guide us.
Cheers

Lorina

Re: Tree of Strengths Template

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:43 pm

I have added some suggestions and a sample template in the following:

My Tree Of Strength Template

Basically you can use the big box under the heading to add a goal that the child has achieved using the EYLF outcomes, MTOP outcomes, Centre philosophy etc. Using the boxes surrounding the tree you briefly jot down how child achieved the goal you listen in the main box (under the heading).

When downolading the PDF version you just click on each on the boxes to add the text you want. When downloading in MS word, once downloaded and open it "enable editing" and you can begin typing in each field and edit the template further if you want.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Kristy.k

Post by Kristy.k » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:14 am

Hi I just love this template it is simple but effective way to show the children's learning i was just wondering would i be able to use it to record the children's learning? such as having these as goal would that be enough for when going through assessment or do i need something else with more information due to the fact i am in the three to five year old room?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:43 am

Hi Kristy,

To use this template for assessment purposes you will need other documentation to "back up" the child's strength. So, you can use this template along with the child's observation. For example: in your evaluation/reflection of the observation when adding the learning outcome the child has achieved through the experience you can link this document with that specific observation (use the same dates on both documentation). Since the child has achieved their goal through the experience (from the observation) it is a strength now, therefore the this template can be used.

Also if you are using group goals within your programming, you can use this template for each child once they have completed the goal. In your programming/daily dairy you would write a general comment how the group achieved their goal and then use this template for each individual child to be more specific on how they individually achieved their goal.

This template isn't just limited to writing just the learning outcome in the main box you could also add like a quick jotting to set the scene if you want. The template is up to your interpretation!

Hope this gives you an idea,

:geek:,
Lorina

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Thank you everybody for your help.