CHCCN511A - Emotional Needs Plan

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
maude1963

CHCCN511A - Emotional Needs Plan

Post by maude1963 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi, Im 48!!! Yes 48 and have decided to study for my Diploma. Its been many years since i studied and am struggling a little trying to grasp the ways policies and plans should be produced. Currently im doing CHCCN511A Establish & Mainain a safe & healthy environment.
My current task is to develop an emotional Needs Plan and Im not sure how it should be formulated. Any assistance would be greatful.
Thanks
Maude :shock:
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCCN511A - Emotional Needs Plan

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi Maude,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network and also welcome to the childcare industry!

You are in for a journey of joy, stress, happiness, frustration and a heart warming experience as you begin your adventure of the ups and downs in childcare! (This is a good thing and I'm sure over the course of your new career you will probably feel all of these)..LOL... :giggle:

I know you are wanting some assistance on an emotional needs plan but to be honest I haven't heard of one before. However, maybe you could come up with a checklist listing the emotional development of the specific age group it asks. If you have a look on the Resources page, you can find under Child Stages of Development, different developmental stages. Have a read through social/emotional development and see if you can use the info in here for your plan.

Hope This Helps!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A