Something to "finish off" portfolios...

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
megs_95
Helper
Helper

Something to "finish off" portfolios...

Post by megs_95 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:45 pm

I'm just finishing up my portfolios for the year and trying to find something to put at the end. At the start we have a "Welcome to your child's journal" page, explanation of EYLF with outcomes listed, and a short written piece called "Just Playing" by Anita Wadley. However we have nothing for the end of portfolios, so currently its just obs, artworks, etc as normal and it feels like it ends abruptly... there's nothing that kind of says "this is the end of the portfolio", nothing that makes it look complete.

Do you have any suggestions of ways to end a portfolio? I'm really unsure but we need something there to finish it the same way we have something to start of portfolios too.

Lorina

Re: Something to "finish off" portfolios...

Post by Lorina » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:00 am

Maybe something like an end of year class photo, a hand print of each child in the room along with their name written, a goodbye letter to the family from the room educators, an end of year poem etc...

:geek:,
L.A

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Something to "finish off" portfolios...

Post by LindyT » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:23 am

This is the letter I use

Farewell

Dear Emma,

I give you back Martin, the same child you confidently entrusted in my care. I give him back kilos heavier, centremeters taller, months wiser, more responsible and more mature than he was. Although he would have attained his growth in spite of me, it has been my pleasure and privilege to watch his personality unfold day by day and marvel at this splendid miracle of development. I give him back reluctantly, for having spent this time together in the narrow confines of my house, we have grown close, have become a part of each other, and we shall always retain a little of each other. Ten years from now if we meet on the street, Martin & I, a light will shine in our eyes, a smile on our lips, and we shall feel that bond of understanding once more, this bond we feel today. We have lived, loved, laughed, played, studied, learned and enriched our lives together. I wish it could go on indefinitely, but give him back I must. Take care of him, for he is precious. Remember that I shall always be interest in Martin and his destiny, wherever he goes, whatever he does, whoever he becomes. His joys and sorrows I'll be happy to share. Please call on me if there is anything further I can ever do for him. I shall always be his friend.
With Love,
Linda