Scenarios: Child Playing In Water and Hong Hanh Family

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ameera

Scenarios: Child Playing In Water and Hong Hanh Family

Post by ameera » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:48 pm

Case study 2
Imagine that you are an educator in a family day care setting. Briefly describe the actions you would need to take to exercise your duty of care to a 2 ½ year old child playing at the water trough in your backyard.
I would keep a close watch on him allowing him to play but making sure he doesn’t get wet or fall in water. Incase he gets wet I would need to get him a change of clothes.
Case study 7
A 2 year old girl, Hong Hanh, is about to start care at the education and care service where you work. It seems that no English is spoken at home by Hong Hanh or her family. You are having difficulty communicating with her parents about the enrolment process and cannot find out the necessary information to help Hong Hanh successfully transition into care prior to commencing care. What would you do and why?
I would try to get a translator for her . if not possible then I would request them to get a person who can speak English as the enrolment process is important and needs to be understood in depth.

Re: help in case study

Post by 27959 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:07 pm

For case study 2

Check out the following link and search under water safety

http://www.kidsafensw.org/water-safety/

Perhaps mention something about complying with policies regarding water safety etc.

I hope this helps

ameera

Post by ameera » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:26 pm

Thanks a lot

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:08 am

In regards to the second scenario you don't need to ask the family for a translator it's up to the service to provide this service for the family. I think that the Australian government offers free translators over the phone so this will also be a good option.

Hope this helps,
Lorina

ameera

Re: Scenarios: Child Playing In Water and Hong Hanh Family

Post by ameera » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:27 pm

All right thanks :)