Recommended Size Of Diary For Child Care Staff

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Argenbarx

Recommended Size Of Diary For Child Care Staff

Post by Argenbarx » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:46 pm

Hi Lorina - I would be interested in what size of diary is recommended for Child Care staff? A5 for an A4 size. Keeping daily notes and journals seems to be becoming more important. Do such diaries need to be kept in the workplace at all times? Kind Regards, Adrian

Lorina

Re: Recommended Size Of Diary For Child Care Staff

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:21 am

Hi Adrian,

I don't think there is a specific size and I think it depends primarily on the educator and what their needs are for the diary. However, in my experience the A4 size is larger and like you mentioned gives more space to jot down notes etc. When I use a yearly dairy within my room I use it as a communication tool with other educators within the room, leave notes or reminders, use it to add observation day's for focus children, also add my weekly self reflection and any other thought that comes to mind. It's so much easier to have all this in one spot in a dairy, rather than having post it notes everywhere. Also, helps me to keep track of my week...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina