Programming over Christmas period

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
WILQ

Programming over Christmas period

Post by WILQ » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:58 am

Hi all,

I am very interested to know what kind of programming you all are required to do at your Centre over the Christmas period. Do you still do your normal day to day programming requirements ie- daily programming planning, reflections, day notes, learning stories etc? Or do you get a break and simply offer a holiday program?
Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in Advance :thumbup:

Lorina

Re: Programming over Christmas period

Post by Lorina » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:29 pm

At some centres we did offer a holiday program, however, in my opinion, I would continue with the day to day programming requirements. For children who are not going away on holidays, they are still at the centre and as educators, we should continually provide each child with high-quality learning. You could probably add a theme or topic for the holidays as part of intentional teaching such as "Summer Fun" and provide a variety of experiences that the children could participate in under this theme. Even though, I would recommend continuing doing your daily reflections and learning stories etc. as a lot of learning could come from these simple experiences. Since you may have fewer children to deal with, this is probably the perfect time to spend more time engaging with the children before the rooms get full again...

As educators we would never get a break from our daily programming requirements! :giggle:

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:34 pm

At some centres we did offer a holiday program, however, in my opinion, I would continue with the day to day programming requirements. For children who are not going away on holidays, they are still at the centre and as educators, we should continually provide each child with high-quality learning. You could probably add a theme or topic for the holidays as part of intentional teaching such as "Summer Fun" and provide a variety of experiences that the children could participate in under this theme. Even though, I would recommend continuing doing your daily reflections and learning stories etc. as a lot of learning could come from these simple experiences. Since you may have fewer children to deal with, this is probably the perfect time to spend more time engaging with the children before the rooms get full again...

As educators we would never get a break from our daily programming requirements! :giggle:

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:36 pm

I also think you can redo the rooms with the children, have more group experiences, have different activities the children could participate in etc.

Make it fun and exciting!

Lorina