programming and planning application?

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
maria pia
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

programming and planning application?

Post by maria pia » Mon May 18, 2015 12:03 pm

hi,
i have been in childcare a long time and have always found it difficult to keep my curriculum/program a working project and up to date,
meaning documenting all the various things we do throughout the day/week and further planning ideas. we currently use an application for observations and email them to out main computer this works brilliantly. my question is- is there an app that is interactive and that i can use solely for programming and planning that can be edited and have elyf references inserted, can be emailed to main computer for later reference, follow up inserts can be printed etc. i know this might sound like a complicated application for an ipad but it would be so awesome and save a lot of time for myself and my team who have very little time to sit and record info.

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: programming and planning application?

Post by linsaa fdc » Mon May 18, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi Maria pia,
I hear you. I found the templates on this website do all the above for me. Have a good look through them, there is something for your every need.
Linsaa fdc :wave:

maria pia
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by maria pia » Mon May 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Thanks Linsaa,

There really is not enough hours in the day to complete everything that we want to complete at such a high standard. i have used these templates and like them. i would love to use them on the ipad as i never have time to access my computer except in my programming/office time, if these templates were incorporated into an app where i can use my ipad anywhere and everywhere i feel that my planning and programming would be at a much higher standard and my team could contribute more effectively. its just a thought. i was hoping that someone would of developed one. i would but i would not know where to start .lol.

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Mon May 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Yes a lot of my Educator friends have a similar issue because they use an ipad too. Maybe that's an area that Lorina might want to expand into.
I don't know anything about computers, can you use word on an ipad?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi Maria Pia and Linsaa,

Regarding the app that some of you are after, we have already been working on creating our own app for quite some time now. I have tried the other apps available but I am not happy with any of them. I mean, some of them might be good for quick obs and quickly sharing with parents, but thats about it. I am yet to find a properly developed app that meets all the needs (or atleast most) of a childcare educator and not just obs. I found couple of other ones that claims to do more than obs but I still feel its not upto the mark.

In the app that we are developing, its going to be completely different from anything out there. We are developing it with educators in mind and I've got an entirely different vision on what I want the app to achieve. It will be loaded with features for flexibility and as a result we still have a lot to do there. I am trying to have it hopefully completed by Jan next year. There is really a lot to work out when creating an app and we are developing the app ourselves instead of hiring third party developers so that it is created properly like the way we want it. I will make an official announcement on this when our app reaches the Beta stage.

linsaa fdc wrote:QR_BBPOST I don't know anything about computers, can you use word on an ipad?

Yes, you can use our word templates from an iPad. I have written more info on how to use our Templates from iPad Devices in this link here: http://aussiechildcarenetwork.com.au/ne ... -templates

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Wed May 20, 2015 7:31 am

Hi Lorina,
I emailed the link above to my scheme office to put in their newsletter for Educators that only use ipads.
They will be excited with the news.
Thanks for all of your amazing work.
Linsaa fdc :wave:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu May 21, 2015 6:05 am

Hi Linsaa,

Thanks for sharing the link! Yeah, luckily I was able to find a way to open our word templates in IPADS.

Excited to get the App up and running. As I mentioned it's a long process and it will take time to get all the components together.

Hopefully it benefits educators to support them in documenting children's learning.

As always thanks for your support!

:geek:,
Lorina

members

Post by members » Fri May 29, 2020 5:17 am

hello