Programing and Observation Ipad App

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
szymanski

Programing and Observation Ipad App

Post by szymanski » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi,

I have just started family day care and I am trying to simplify my paper work. I am looking for an ipad app where I can document observations and create my weekly program all in one. Thanks in advance :)

Lorina

Re: Programing and Observation Ipad App

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:49 pm

We are currently developing an Ipad App which will be released early in 2016.

:geek:,
Lorina

nikkimcgovern

Post by nikkimcgovern » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:41 pm

Have a look at the app 'teaching made easy'

Natura

Post by Natura » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Lorina.
I only use an android tablet.

sweetisthevandy

Post by sweetisthevandy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:44 pm

Lorina wrote:We are currently developing an Ipad App which will be released early in 2016.

Lorina
hi Lorina
is it possible to launch this app a bit early so that we can start planning and programming or using ur app from start of the year
i really want every thing organise
if i really start with something
then its change half way
or is there any time frame when are you going to launch
like in January or February please
i know its not only me but pleaseeeeeee
vandy

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:53 pm

Thank you Natura and Vandy for your interest in our App.
Natura wrote:QR_BBPOST only use an android tablet.

One of the positive features of our app will be that you should be able to use it from any devices, doesn't matter if its Android, iOS like ipads or iphones, Mac, Windows, or even Linux. So the cross compatibility will be excellent and all you would need is an internet connection and the latest internet browser. This gives great opportunities to educators since as an example one can start documenting directly from their phones or tablet even if its Android and then continue that work from their desktop or laptop in their rooms, etc.. without being limited to 1 device to finish that programming.

sweetisthevandy wrote:QR_BBPOST is it possible to launch this app a bit early so that we can start planning and programming or using ur app from start of the year

We are aiming to release this by Jan-Feb 2016. Like you said, it will be a good time to release it beginning of the year since educators can start using it from the beginning of the year. This is certainly our aim and hopefully we should be able to release it on time if all goes well. Worst case for some reason if we are unable to release the production version by Jan, we would at least try to release the Beta version to our Premium members first if for some reason we are unable to meet the deadline on time. I should have a better ETA date by Dec this year. It all depends on the initial bundle of features that we want to get ready before going live with the production release of our App.

Thanks again to both of you. I am very happy to see that our users are indeed looking forward to this. If any of you do have any more questions on our App, do let me know.

Lorina

sabriel

Post by sabriel » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi,
Is there any news on when the App will be available? I'm very keen to reduce time spent on writing documentation!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi Sabriel,

Thank you for your interest in our App.

We are still actively working on the development of our App and as of now I am unable to give an ETA yet. We have gone back to the drawing board many times over the past couple of months, redesigning the UI (user interface) experience, re-optimising the app for mobile devices, re-editing, strengthening the security of data, adding additional features etc. and hence this delay from our initial target which was Jan-Feb this year. I can say we are about 80% completed with our App now. After several rewrites, the UI part of the app is now finalised and most of the big important features are completed. Once the remaining pending works are 100% done we will be doing extensive tests on this until we find its production ready.

Regarding the release date for our App, unfortunately it is hard to say at this stage. Our target for release has now been switched to June-July since we do want the App to be fully loaded and thoroughly tested before release instead of hurrying and releasing a buggy half-baked app. I can guarantee you the wait is absolutely well worth it! The ideas and techniques we are building in our App will completely stand apart from anything out there and that's for sure.

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:23 am

Email Sent From "sweetisthevandy":
Will really look forward to that. Thanks for updating

My pleasure! I do apologise in the delay. We are continually working on it each day and want to make the final product as best as possible. I will let you know in due course, once we are closer to finalising it...

Lorina