Program & Planning For OSHC

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
StephN

Program & Planning For OSHC

Post by StephN » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:40 pm

hi,
im just starting out in OSHC and am after some tips and hints about ideas for activities and programing as well as any online resources that I could use.
TIA
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Program & Planning For OSHC

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:29 am

Hi Steph,

I am adding some previous topics on this forum on OSHC specific info regarding documentation and planning. Have a read through these and it should help give you an understanding on what is required:

OOSH Documentation Questions
New Position In OOSH
Differences Between Observations/Evaluations

Hopefully this information helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

kristyl74
Participator
Participator

Re: Program & Planning For OSHC

Post by kristyl74 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:40 pm

Hi Steph, google is my best friend (after the children of course).

Minecraft and loom bands have stuck around for a while, kinetic sand, cooking, pamper play, card games, cubby houses, science, crafts (Pinterest), sporting exercises and activities, music and dance, construction, painting - the list is endless.

We sit down and talk to the children as a group weekly or individuals daily and ask them questions on there interests and extend on them where possible. The good thing about oshc is its almost always child initiated and its fun. Keep on eye out on like the calendar of events (ie Jeans for genes, red nose day) etc.

Hope any of the above helps :-) goodluck