Printables planning per age

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
aussietalk

Printables planning per age

Post by aussietalk » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:30 pm

Good day

How do I know what printable to use for what age? My children in care range from 2.5 and 3.5 years old..

Thanks

Magda

Lorina

Re: Printables planning per age

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi Magda,

It really depends on the individual child...However, I do suggest that you can print off some printables (pre-writing skills, alphabet, number, shapes - you can choose which ones) and laminate them so the children can use a marker to complete the worksheet and then wipe off what they did to re-use over again. I have been doing this with my little one and it helps so much and it's a great activity to do during rest times for those children that don't sleep.

We also have some fun cutting skills ones which my 3-year-old really likes to do since she is obsessed with cutting at the moment...

With flashcards and posters, I use these as support to an activity. So with flashcards, I use this with playdough, as part of a matching game, or even to play snap, go fish.

There is so much to do with the worksheets and how you can incorporate it into the children's learning...

Hope this gives you some ideas!

:geek:,
Lorina