portfolio strength tree

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
michelle123

portfolio strength tree

Post by michelle123 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:57 am

Hi,
Has anyone had to do a strength tree? You have to put in the EYLF and Evaluation. In the middle is a tree. I imagine you put points on the individual childs strengths but if anyone has done one it would be good to see what other people have done with it.
Please let me know if you have any ideas!
Thanks

Lorina

Re: portfolio strength tree

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:04 am

I haven't heard of these before but it seems like another type of way to document a child's interests and strengths. A neat idea of using a tree... Another idea I just thought about is using a printout of a child's body, add a photo of the child's face in the printable and then in the arms and legs you could add the child's "strengths"... Hopefully this makes sense! :giggle:

Oh another idea just struck me, you could do a flower pot and the stem of the flower could be the child's interests and strengths before the flower emerges and blooms and you could add a pick of the child in the flower.

Sorry I don't have anything to show you but hope you get what I mean,

:geek:,
L.A

rsvnyn
Participator
Participator

Post by rsvnyn » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:10 am

Hi

I just thought whether this could be like the learning web which we discussed earlier....which is nothing but we put the child's strenth and interest in the middle of the web and put all the related areas of activities around them.......hope this would give an idea!!!

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Macoola » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:22 pm

I know this reply is very late but found this website which has a picture example of a strength tree.

Hope this helps :)