OSHC - Process Of The the QIP

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
vanessam

OSHC - Process Of The the QIP

Post by vanessam » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:34 am

Hi Everyone!

This site is amazing I have learnt so much just by reading all these posts!!!
I am starting a new job as a supervisor in a OSHC setting next week (EXCITED!!) and just wanted to know a little bit about QIP the process of it, what to do, where to start etc..
Im not sure if they have started it .. I was in LDC for 5 years but left just when EYLF got implemented and all the changes happened!
What documents should i look for at this centre.. eg making sure they have reflective journals, daily "what we we did today book" learning stories etc..
any advice will be appreciated!
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: OSHC - Process Of The the QIP

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:33 am

Hi Vanessa,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

I'm glad you're enjoying the site. It's great to be able to share thoughts, ideas and questions with others in early childhood education. It's also really interesting to read others experiences and advice! So much knowledge to share and be supportive to one another! :thumbup:

You're the second member this week asking about the QIP process, seems like there are a few centres currently going through it as well.

Im attaching a copy of guide to the QIP process. It will give you details on what to expect during the process and also provide examples to help you understand how to fill out the QIP.

Guide to Developing A QIP

I'll also add the Guide to the NQS. This gives information on what assessors may look for during the assessment process.

Guide to the NQS

Hope this helps you get a better idea of the QIP process,

:geek:,
Lorina