online observations and portfolios

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
peter99

online observations and portfolios

Post by peter99 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:11 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I'm new here and only just found the forum.

Is there an online source where password protected individual observations and portfolios can
be loaded to?

Educators would have a single log in with access to all children's observations/portfolio
and able to update as they go, while at the same time parents would only have access to their own child's
folios etc?

Preferably free :D

Or is there some online source (not specifically designed for our industry) that could be adapted to do the above?

I am aware of both Kinderloop and Story park but hoping to be able to avoid the monthly subscription fees.
Am I expecting too much?
Thank you.

Lorina

Re: online observations and portfolios

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi Peter,

We are currently in the process of developing an app for educators and parents.

One of the positive features of our app will be that you should be able to use it from any devices, doesn't matter if its Android, iOS like ipads or iphones, Mac, Windows, or even Linux. So the cross compatibility will be excellent and all you would need is an internet connection and the latest internet browser. This gives great opportunities to educators since as an example one can start documenting directly from their phones or tablet even if its Android and then continue that work from their desktop or laptop in their rooms, etc.. without being limited to 1 device to finish that programming.

Some of the features we will include in our app is an "Educator portal" for educators to create documentations as well as a "Parent portal" for parents to view documentation for their individual child. You can create various documentations like learning stories, daily diaries, a range of different observations and curriculum plans. You will be also be able to create and customise your own documentation based on what your needs are, use the default available or create your very own templates! All documentation can be linked to EYLF, MTOP, QKLG, VEYLDF. Those are just some of the features available! Our app is going be loaded with tons of useful features and I believe it should have the solution for most educator's needs considering everyone have different requirements.

We are very excited to release this App and I may be biased but it's nothing like you have seen before in regards to Kindyloop, Story Park etc. We understand we have some competition out there but the extensive features, design, layout, usability is extremely well though out and have yet to be done by our competition.

In regards to price, it's hard to accommodate all these features and give it away for free. The app we are creating will be well worth the price!

We have spent more than 2 and a half years (and counting) creating this app and we have put so much time and effort into this, I just can't wait to release it!

So, all I can ask is to wait just a bit longer to get a taste of our App before you start looking into the others!

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:45 pm

Sounds fantastic :D

peter99

Post by peter99 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:25 pm

Thank you. It does sound promising