Online EYLF Tools

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Online EYLF Tools - Support Forum!

Post by linsaa fdc » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:15 am

Love the new template Weekly Plan of Significant Learning.
Thanks for all your hard work :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:51 pm

Hi Linsaa,

Thanks! :thumbup:

Tomorrow we will be releasing 2 more MS Word templates for the following portfolio templates - Family Input and All About Me. I have also started working on a new Portfolio template "Strength Trees" which can be added to individual portfolios.

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:38 pm

I look forward to it :wave:

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:51 pm

Hi Lorina,
Do you suggest using the new template "Weekly Plan of Significant Learning" instead of the weekly curriculum plan?
Or with it to make their Significant learning easily visible?
I also always look forward to new templates, you must be very creative coming up with all these beautiful ideas.
Thanks
Linsaa

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi Linsaa,

It's your choice in what format of Curriculum Plan you want to use based on your requirments and what's easier for you. Some educators prefer to keep learning experiences separately as it's easier for them to identify the learning outcome and source (Weekly curriculum Plan) while educators like the free flow of the Weekly Plan of Significant Learning.

The Weekly Curriculum Plan is probably best used with a group of children where interests and learning experiences are constantly changing throughout the week and you receive a lot of parent and use input from different sources. Using the Weekly Curriculum Plan for this instance, it's easier to keep track and record the different types of experiencences.

As for the Weekly Plan of Significant Learning, if you room setup and acivities remain the same throughout the week and children are engaged in limited types of different experiences then using the Weekly Plan of Significant Learning is sufficient enough. That's because you are not recording "everything" that has been changed since most esperiences stay the same throughout the week, you are only really recording the new experiences that you're adding into the environment.

Using either the Weekly Curriculum Plan or the Weekly Plan of Significant Learning they are both different formats of the curriculm plan and they both show links to the EYLF and display the learning experiences the children are involved in. So, the choice is yours.

Hope this helps you decide,

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:22 pm

linsaa fdc wrote:QR_BBPOST I also always look forward to new templates, you must be very creative coming up with all these beautiful ideas.

Thanks Linsaa! Yes, I guess I do have a little creative streak in me :lol:... I really love coming up with new ideas for the templates. I just think of what types of documentation I would like to use and basically then start creating it. If I get stuck I usually have a dream about it and then I create what I see in my dream! Weird huh!! I really enjoy doing it and it makes me so happy knowing that my little ideas are helping you and other educators. I feel very lucky to have so much support from you and others!

Lorina