Online EYLF Tools

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lorina

Re: Online Tools 0.3.1 - Support Forum!

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:03 am

Hi Linsaa,

I have tried making the boarder smaller and then moving the text down to create a bigger photo box but when this happens the boarder doesn't stretch all the way around the page and we will lose even more space. I have also tried making the photo box bigger but as you know when this happens it stretches the photo and having the text and photo box side by side doesn't look nice. Maybe in the future I could try and come up with an alternative to create a bigger photo box. As for this moment this template will stay as it is...

Thanks for your feedback and I'll keep it in mind!

:geek:,
L.A

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:41 am

Thanks for trying.

admin
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by admin » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

Recently, I have received a few emails from users using Google Chrome browser saying that they keep seeing the error message that says "To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer". You may see this message even when you have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed. I tested this from my end and here is the solution for this problem.

Overview: The reason for this error message is because Google Chrome is trying to open the downloaded pdf file inside the browser itself but it is unable to render the pdf file using the plug-in. So the solution to this is to open the file directly using the Adobe Reader instead of opening it via Google Chrome.

Here are the steps:

1) Go to Online Tools and download the template.

2) In Google Chrome, when you download the template, you will notice the filename of the downloaded file at the bottom of your tab inside the downloads bar. (If you are using another browser, you can right-click on the template link and choose "Save Link As" option to download the file to a location on your computer)

3) IMPORTANT! Instead of clicking on the filename in the download bar, click on the small arrow button next to the filename and select "Show in Folder". If you click on the filename directly, the browser will try to open the pdf using the browser plug-in which will show the error since it will not be able to render these pdf files. So remember to choose "Show in Folder" to view the file inside the download folder in your computer. (See Image Below)
[attachment=0]Google_Chrome_Troubleshoot.jpg[/attachment]
4) After you choose "Show in Folder", it will open the download folder in your computer. Double click on the filename to open it directly using the Adobe Reader.

By following the above steps, you can ensure that you are opening and editing the templates directly using Adobe Reader instead of the browser plug-in. This will also work much better since Adobe Reader program is more stable than plug-ins.

If you are using another browser, you can follow the same method. Alternative method for step 2-3 will be to right click on the download button and save the file to a location on your computer.

PS: This only applies to Windows / Mac users who are using a Desktop or Laptop. Please note that you will still not be able to open these files from iPads, Android Tablets or other mobile devices.

Hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi All,

Can anyone help?
I do the reflections of the day and email it to all of my families.
Recently a lot of families are telling me that they can't open the attachment anymore.
I am emailing it as I always have, by clicking the envelope at the top of the page and adding the families names.
I use windows 7.

Thanks
linsaa

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi Linsaa,

Can you try sending an email copy to yourself and see if it opens for you?

Cheers :geek:,
L.A.

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:33 am

Hi LA,

I just emailed it to myself and it came through just fine and opened it ok.
I will get the families to do some updates on their computers and get them to try again. Thanks

linsaa

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi Linsaa,

Sometimes even if they have the latest updates, they can still be unable to open the templates and its due to one of the following reasons:

1) They are either opening it from Mobile devices such as iPads or other tablets. Mobile devices cannot open these templates.

(or)

2) If they are opening from Windows or Mac desktop or laptop which has the latest Adobe Reader and they are seeing the error "To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer", then its possible that the email attachment is opened directly from their browser instead of the Adobe Reader program. This usually happens when the parents click on the attachment and the browser itself is trying to open the template using the Adobe Plug-in which may show the error since the browser plug-in is unable to interpret the contents of the template. In this case, they need to download and save the file to a location in their computer first (like the 'desktop') and then double click on this saved file to open it directly from Adobe Reader. Read this post here for more on this.

Work-around for these problems: If you want a work-around for all of these problems, then instead of emailing the completed form directly, you can print and scan the completed form as a image (or pdf) and then email the scanned file as an attachment. In this case, parents will be able to open these scanned files from any devices including mobiles since they dont need any major requirement that is usually needed when you are emailing the original finalized template file directly. Although it might seem like an extra step to print and scan the template, but it will be worth it as you will have less troubleshooting to do since the parents shouldn't have problem viewing these.

Hope these helps you out. Ask me if you are unsure about anything.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A.

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:41 am

Thanks L.A, I will do your work around idea.
I always print a copy for myself anyway.
Thanks

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:04 pm

Congratulations L>A> and team, you have done a fantastic job once again

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:54 pm

grandma wrote:Congratulations L>A> and team, you have done a fantastic job once again
Hi Grandma!

How are you? It's great to see you here on our new site! Welcome back!

Thank you so much for your support! We are extremely happy with our new site!

Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Online EYLF Tools - Support Forum!

Post by linsaa fdc » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:15 am

Love the new template Weekly Plan of Significant Learning.
Thanks for all your hard work :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:51 pm

Hi Linsaa,

Thanks! :thumbup:

Tomorrow we will be releasing 2 more MS Word templates for the following portfolio templates - Family Input and All About Me. I have also started working on a new Portfolio template "Strength Trees" which can be added to individual portfolios.

Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:38 pm

I look forward to it :wave:

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:51 pm

Hi Lorina,
Do you suggest using the new template "Weekly Plan of Significant Learning" instead of the weekly curriculum plan?
Or with it to make their Significant learning easily visible?
I also always look forward to new templates, you must be very creative coming up with all these beautiful ideas.
Thanks
Linsaa

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:17 pm

Hi Linsaa,

It's your choice in what format of Curriculum Plan you want to use based on your requirments and what's easier for you. Some educators prefer to keep learning experiences separately as it's easier for them to identify the learning outcome and source (Weekly curriculum Plan) while educators like the free flow of the Weekly Plan of Significant Learning.

The Weekly Curriculum Plan is probably best used with a group of children where interests and learning experiences are constantly changing throughout the week and you receive a lot of parent and use input from different sources. Using the Weekly Curriculum Plan for this instance, it's easier to keep track and record the different types of experiencences.

As for the Weekly Plan of Significant Learning, if you room setup and acivities remain the same throughout the week and children are engaged in limited types of different experiences then using the Weekly Plan of Significant Learning is sufficient enough. That's because you are not recording "everything" that has been changed since most esperiences stay the same throughout the week, you are only really recording the new experiences that you're adding into the environment.

Using either the Weekly Curriculum Plan or the Weekly Plan of Significant Learning they are both different formats of the curriculm plan and they both show links to the EYLF and display the learning experiences the children are involved in. So, the choice is yours.

Hope this helps you decide,

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:22 pm

linsaa fdc wrote:QR_BBPOST I also always look forward to new templates, you must be very creative coming up with all these beautiful ideas.

Thanks Linsaa! Yes, I guess I do have a little creative streak in me :lol:... I really love coming up with new ideas for the templates. I just think of what types of documentation I would like to use and basically then start creating it. If I get stuck I usually have a dream about it and then I create what I see in my dream! Weird huh!! I really enjoy doing it and it makes me so happy knowing that my little ideas are helping you and other educators. I feel very lucky to have so much support from you and others!

Lorina