Observations On My Own Child In FDC

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
grandma
Participator
Participator

Observations On My Own Child In FDC

Post by grandma » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:48 pm

could someone let me know what are regulations for documentation in family day care for my own child that is in my care while I am working
I know we have to have forms to say what times they are with me however do we have to do assessments etc for them as well
TIA

Lorina

Re: Observations On My Own Child In FDC

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:38 pm

That's a good question!

If they are part of your overall ratio I think then they need to be programmed for as well... Not too sure though...

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:31 am

Hi Grandma,
From one grandma to another, in my scheme if the children are in on the same day that you are working they have to be included into the program, obs, documentation and have portfolio's. This also included my grandchildren but I was getting paid for them.
I'm not sure if it specific touches that point in the regs but ask you scheme, your scheme might have it in their policies. An Educator in our scheme was told that her own child, when she is at home when the educator was working had to be included. Really we are doing the work anyway with the other kids and having a nice portfolio of your own child at the end of the year would be nice too. My own kids loved the portfolio's I gave them of the grandkids.
Linsaa fdc :wave:

grandma
Participator
Participator

Post by grandma » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:07 am

Thanks everyone.

childhoodmatters

Post by childhoodmatters » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:23 pm

An assesor can ask for obs, individual learning stories eyc.. for any child on the books.better safe than sorry :)