Scenario: Negative Publicity

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
hasoonsaleh

Scenario: Negative Publicity

Post by hasoonsaleh » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:38 pm

I want help with my answers please. Not Sure
:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kathy89

Re: Leadership

Post by Kathy89 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:13 pm

I am 100% stuck on this I need help please

One of your colleagues overheard Tony's parent speak with you and remarked that they didn't really understand 'dignity of risk' in the context of childcare. Which of the following activities would you recommend to them as the most likely way help them with this issue?
Select one:
a. Review your workplace's Work Health & Safety procedures
b. Explore some continuing professional education options
c. Forget about it, it's not likely to come up again
d. Read a book about conflict resolution
e. None of the above

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Negative Publicity

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Yes, you're on the right track! You can review policies and involve stakeholders in the policy process. You can also email or add information in the newsletter about what methods you use in the service to ensure children are safe while being left unattended in the cot room. For example having sleep checks done every 15 minutes. You could also let parents know of the sleep/rest routine/policy so they gain a better understanding of what educators do during this time to meet the needs of the children.

:geek:,
Lorina

hasoonsaleh

Re: Scenario: Negative Publicity

Post by hasoonsaleh » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:50 pm

Thank you :)