Intro to Learning Theory

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
aylajade

Intro to Learning Theory

Post by aylajade » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:48 pm

Just wondering if anyone knew where to find a brief overview of the different learning theorists and their theories? I have noticed some staff at my center aren't really familiar with learning theory and as the ed leader wanted to bring some basic info to our next meeting for everyone to go over and think about. I have been looking everywhere for a brief overview to print for them but can only find long involved ones and don't really want to explode their heads at this early stage but instead give them some info they can use as a springboard for further discussion and research.

Lorina

Re: Intro to Learning Theory

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:08 pm

I'm actually working on article/posters in regards to the different theorists on children's learning development... E.g. Piaget, Vygotsky, Brunner, Montessori etc. Like you, while researching online I've only found really complicated information. So, I'm creating information on these theories that are simple and easy to understand for educators to use in everyday practice... I'm hoping that I finish the article/posters within the coming weeks...

For now, here is some information: Developmental Psychology

I will let you know once the article is available!

:geek:,
Lorina