Overseas Visitor Visits Centre For The Day

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Clockwork

Overseas Visitor Visits Centre For The Day

Post by Clockwork » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:49 pm

My assignment is about NQS
Imagine that you are receiving a visitor from overseas who has asked to come and visit your centre for the day. The purpose of the visit is to explore how you plan, deliver and monitor quality early childhood education programs for preschool children.
How are you going to show the program?
What information will you provide?
What documentation will you make available?
What would you want this person to see and experience?

I’m having a little trouble and not sure where to start if anyone can give me a few tips thanks.
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Overseas Visitor Visits Centre For The Day

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Hey Clockwork,

Just thought I'd help you out with a few ideas with your questions :)

How are you going to show the program?

I would show them the daily/weekly program that is up in the room and I would also explain the program and how each of the room leaders come up with activities on the program for the children to do. You could also talk about observations and how those activities are incorporated into the program as well. It's also a good idea to show past programs from this year so the person can actually have a read and understand how the programs work in our childcare centers.

What information will you provide?

Provide brochures/recent newsletter about events that are happening in the centre. Talk and discuss routine, transitions, meal times, group times...basically everything that is involved on a day to day basis of what happens in the centre.

What documentation will you make available?

Documentation could be program, portfolios, routine, policies and procedures manual, staff handbook etc..

What would you want this person to see and experience?

I would want this person to see the learning experiences that the children are involved in throughout the day and how even though the child is "playing" they are still learning a lot from it... Also it's important to get understanding of the structure of the day and how childcare professionals interact with the children, staff and families....

I'm hoping this should put you onto the right track...

:geek:,
L.A

Clockwork

Re: Overseas Visitor Visits Centre For The Day

Post by Clockwork » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Thankyou L.A