Ideas On Displaying The Programming Format

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
rocky
Participator
Participator

Ideas On Displaying The Programming Format

Post by rocky » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Hey, What is a nice and attractive way of displaying the programming format? How do you guys display your programming format to attract families?? Please post pictures for different ways of displaying programming creatively. Thanks heaps.
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Ideas On Displaying The Programming Format

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:28 am

It's best to have an area on the wall (preferably within the sign in/out area) or where parents walk past each day (near the lockers in your room) to display programming. Have a big heading that will attract families to come over and read the program. Something like "the weekly curriculum plan" isn't going to cut it. Maybe something like "Learning this week..." or "Experiences to look forward to..."etc. Having a catchy heading will make parents come and take a look and that's the first step in getting parents interested.

Once you got a catchy title the way you display the program is up to you. You could do a monthly theme and decorate the wall around the program based on your theme. Maybe a theme could be an upcoming monthly event. For example if you have pre-planned to take the children on an excursion to the aquarium you could create an aquarium theme for your programming display for that month. You could get the children to make sea creatures, and display them on the wall. Add crepe paper seaweed and "hide" the program within the seaweed (although it still needs to be easily viewed).

Also, it's good to take photos to add to your programming display of the children participating in different planned experiences on the program. You should also include a section "Look what I Did Today" and write down children's thoughts on what they did and enjoyed for the day. These can also be used for future programming. Stick blank post it notes on the wall under a heading called "Parent Suggestions" with a pen. Gives a chance for parents to write any ideas freely. You can also include "Today's Art" with a child's artwork done on the day and "Story of the day" with the book being displayed. So, rather than being just a programming wall you can provide all different types of information from the day which parents may be interested in viewing. Oh I just remembered I also use to include "Happy Birthday..." (add a photo of child's whose birthday it is).

You don't even really need a theme to create a display for programming but if you add these little extras it makes it interesting for parents to want to come and view the area.

Hope this gives you some ideas,

:geek:,
L.A

darmodina
Participator
Participator

Post by darmodina » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:05 am

Hi Lorina,

It is a long time I haven't send any comments on our forum.
I am very thankful for all the templates that your team shared to he educators, including me. It is a huge help for us to be on the track in regards to EYLF.
Last July 2013, my room has been assessed and we got " Exceeding".
The programming template is awesome, it is well-detailed and links to outcomes.
I was pleased and felt valuable when the Principal recognized my effort during Preschool graduation and on our Bulletin News.

I follow your advised that be consistent and manage time in doing paperwork especially at quiet time.
It is a bit nervy when you can see the 2 Assessor were busy writing on their Ipod and checking things around, taking photos and questioning.

The hardwork and effort that I put in with the team is worth it.

My sincere thanks to you and the team who give us proper templates to use in our documenting children's learning at play.

Is there any way I can delete your website logo on the Children's Achievement and Learning template???
I would like to donate, so I can access the premium templates.

Please advice!!

Thank you

Daisy

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:55 am

Hi Daisy,

Congratulations! That's great news!

Thank you so much for your kind words and your support. It really means a lot to me and I'm so happy to hear that you got "exceeding" from the assessors while using the programming templates on here. :)

It does give me the reassurance that my templates here does help educators achieve a high quality standard at their centre. You've made my day and I'm really really happy that everything worked out so well for your room. You should be very proud of yourself. All your hard work has been rewarded!

In regards to deleting our website logo, all our templates have our website name on them since they are a copyrighted commercial product. We request that our website name not to be removed and remains on the templates as a gesture of giving credit where credit is due and to the template author for our effort. Is there any particular reason you want to remove it?

L.A

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi, I know this was posted a while ago but thought I'd mention.
I bought a clear hard plastic A4 display "thing"from Officeworks which I slide my Reflections of the Day in and it is on the wall right where the door handle is to enter my room.
My parents always stop and look at the pictures and the lady from Tafe who finalized my Diploma suggested that if I write each child's name in capitals the family can read the sentence about their child and would be more inclined to read it rather than the whole section and it worked.
All the best :giggle:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:41 am

linsaa wrote:Hi, I know this was posted a while ago but thought I'd mention.
I bought a clear hard plastic A4 display "thing"from Officeworks which I slide my Reflections of the Day in and it is on the wall right where the door handle is to enter my room.
My parents always stop and look at the pictures and the lady from Tafe who finalized my Diploma suggested that if I write each child's name in capitals the family can read the sentence about their child and would be more inclined to read it rather than the whole section and it worked.
All the best :giggle:

Just wanted to add to this about the Reflections Of The Day. I highlight children's names to make it easier for parents to see their child's name. I also make a photocopy of it and add it to each child's bag. Parents appreciate this as they don't always have the time to read about their child's day so when they have time at home they can sit down and read it. Also gives them a chance to ask their child about what happened during the day while in care and know what is happening within the room. Have received very good feedback from the parents on this!

Thought I'd share,

L.A

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:26 am

Hi L.A,
Do you highlight it on the computer or do you do it manually after you print it? If you do it on the computer can you explain to me how you do it because that's a really good idea. I have windows 7. I also print one each out for each child but it goes into their folders to take home at the end of the year, but I do email it to each family that day as well.

While we are on the subject of the Reflections of the Day. I tried to find a forum to ask this but I will ask you now. Would it be possible for you to change the questions on the second page to be more relevant for FDC, its the questions from 5 on. Thank you, I really appreciate all the hard work Aussiechildcarenetwork does to make our job easier and more interesting to do.
Thanks
linsaa :wave:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:33 am

linsaa wrote:Hi L.A,
Do you highlight it on the computer or do you do it manually after you print it? If you do it on the computer can you explain to me how you do it because that's a really good idea. I have windows 7. I also print one each out for each child but it goes into their folders to take home at the end of the year, but I do email it to each family that day as well.

While we are on the subject of the Reflections of the Day. I tried to find a forum to ask this but I will ask you now. Would it be possible for you to change the questions on the second page to be more relevant for FDC, its the questions from 5 on. Thank you, I really appreciate all the hard work Aussiechildcarenetwork does to make our job easier and more interesting to do.
Thanks
linsaa :wave:
Hi Linsaa,

No nothing fancy using computer highlighting I just use a coloured highlighter :giggle: (usually get one of the other educators within the room to do this).

Thanks for your feedback on the Reflection Questions on the FDC version. I will look into providing suitable questions for FDC and see what I come up with. Any thoughts on what questions you would like added?

L.A

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi L.A,

It's really only Question 5: making it, did I interact with each child""""""""etc
Question 7: did I communicate effectively with parents, other educators and office staff""""""""""""etc.
I have only just started using the new Reflections template, was still using the old one. I always have a square "centre logo" because being FDC I don't have a logo, but depending on what we are doing on the day I put a picture. A day at the park "nature" I have a nature picture, Library, Painting etc.
I noticed using the new template, on the second page and if I have a lot of photos on the third page , the logo is not square but rather a stretched rectangle. Is that able to be fixed?
Thank you
linsaa :D

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:26 pm

Sorry me again, re previous message regarding the logo. It doesn't go rectangular when you only use the two pages of the Reflections templates....stays square...... but it does stretch out rectangular on page 2 & 3 if I add another page of photos. Thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:35 am

linsaa wrote:Sorry me again, re previous message regarding the logo. It doesn't go rectangular when you only use the two pages of the Reflections templates....stays square...... but it does stretch out rectangular on page 2 & 3 if I add another page of photos. Thanks
Hi Linsaa,

What happens is, each time you add a "new page" when adding more photos, the logo dimension sets to default rectangle dimension (except for the first page). So before you finalise the page template, always remember to click the "square" logo button on the control panel so all pages are set to square. :)

Also, thank you for letting me know about the questions... I'll look into editing them when I revise the templates in the future.

Hope you can fix the logo now,

L.A

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:49 am

Thank you, I'll try it now. Have a great weekend.