Future Planning For Stacking Activity

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Awest95

Future Planning For Stacking Activity

Post by Awest95 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:17 pm

I am having troubles with coming up with a possible future activity plan for a jotting observation I am writing up. This is how it has been written. (See below)

Do you have any activity suggestions? I was hoping for something that continues on with the colours. The children in the scenario are ages 3 & 4.
-------
During inside play today, I was able to observe C and another child sitting and playing with the peg blocks. They were both working collaboratively to build a tower made solely of the purple blocks. C was in charge of stacking the purple blocks, while the other child was in charge of searching the bucket for the purple blocks
-------
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Future Planning For Stacking Activity

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:46 pm

When you are trying to figure out an activity for "future planning" it really depends on what you want the future goal to be... So, for your example you could do something along the lines with creating patterns. So, a future possibility could be using beads with the pattern cards...

Hope this makes sense,

:geek:,
Lorina