Follow Up On Experiences - Nursery Room

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
josmith123

Follow Up On Experiences - Nursery Room

Post by josmith123 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Hello,

I have written up two observations in the babies room and I just need help on how to extend the learning.

I'll just summarise what I have written on my observation:

Baby 1 is doing a playdough activity. There are playdough cutters and rollers, Baby 1 picks up roller and rolls it on the playdough. Educators shows Baby 1 how to use the playdough cutter. Baby 1 picks up cutter, places it on playdough and using both hands to push the cutter onto the playdough.

I'm not sure if I should add different materials to entend her playdough experience.

Baby 2 is learning to walk. When we went outside, we got the walkers out. Educator places Baby 2 onto the walker. Baby 2 starts to walk down the bike path. Baby 2 stops and falls down. Baby 2 grips onto the handles and lifts herself up onto the walker and continue to walk again. Baby 2 stops again, let goes of the handle and was able stand on her own without the help of the walker and falls down and crawls away.

I want Baby 2 to continue practising her walking but I don't know how to extend it.

Thanks

Lorina

Re: Follow Up On Experiences - Nursery Room

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:58 pm

Baby 1 sounds like they are enjoying manipulation experiences. So, you can add something to the play dough to continue their exploration. Such as "paper play dough", "glitter play dough" or you can make "moon sand". You can also add more equipment for the baby to experiment with.

Baby 2 give more opportunities to practice walking both indoors and outdoors. Encourage baby to walk without support by holding something further away and asking baby to come and get it. If possible bring walkers inside to support walking. Get baby to hold your finger for support as they walk around the room.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

josmith123

Post by josmith123 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:10 pm

Hi Lorina,

Thankyou for your response, it really helped me so thanks again.

Jo

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:19 am

No problem Jo :thumbup:!

:geek:,
Lorina