Float/Assistant AND Educator Role

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
chichi
Helper
Helper

Float/Assistant AND Educator Role

Post by chichi » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi.

I just got an letter of offer and it indicated as Float/Assistant is this the same role as an Educator Role?

What are the difference?

Lorina

Re: Float/Assistant AND Educator Role

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:50 am

An educator is a person who works in childcare...rather than say a childcare worker...

As an assistant you will support and provide education and care to a group of children.You may also assist developing and delivering the early childhood educational program.

As a float you won't be assisting in one room in particular, you will be providing support to all the rooms when needed... For e.g. in the morning you could be with the toddlers, at lunch with the babies and in the afternoon with the preschoolers. It depends on the needs of each room...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

chichi
Helper
Helper

Post by chichi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:30 am

Hi Lorina,

Thanks for clarifying this.

I got a letter of offer to sign, and it said on the Job Description: Float/Assistance
I ask the consultancy lady who deal with it that she agree to offer me an educator role and she said they call all staff educators. does this sound right?

I just enrolled to Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.

It's a new center opening soon, so they are waiting for licensing at this stage.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:08 pm

Yes, all staff are called educators now, rather than staff... sounds more professional and that basically sums up our responsibilities and duties in the industry.

:geek:,
Lorina