Extending On Programming In MTOP

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
jane57

Extending On Programming In MTOP

Post by jane57 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:54 pm

could anyone clarify extending/follow on with programming in MTOP can you do a follow on a topic if children in original learning story are no longer enrolled at centre
i have educators telling me that extensions follow on are based on the children originally in the learning story and then also being told by another educator that its the subject
topic is indigenous

Lorina

Re: Extending On Programming In MTOP

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:38 pm

With interests, I feel that it is based upon the children involved. So, according to your learning story, if the children have shown an interest however they have left the centre then you don't need to extend on it since they are not at the centre anymore.

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Another option you could do, rather than waste this opportunity because the children have left, add the extension activity to the program as part of intentional teaching and see if any other children may show interest. So, set up the follow-up experience as you would for the children who have left and see if any other children (not involved in the learning story) will show interest in the topic, then take it from there.

Lorina

jane57

Post by jane57 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Thanks Lorina, the Educator has done a wall on the child who has left indigenous heritage, and is using arrows to link other children for the display. I just wonder if that should be taken down and a more current version with the children we have at the moment should be done

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Yes, a current version can be done, however, it's good to maybe take a photo of the wall as evidence of the learning and the extension. Just so it links back to the original learning story.

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:08 pm

We need to be able to link it together so for example, the original learning story, the photo of the wall and then the extension from this...

Lorina