Documenting EYLF - Family Day Care

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lorina

Re: Documenting EYLF - Family Day Care

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Hey Lindy,

I guess I couldn't wait any longer so I added my edits in the diary sample you posted... This should hopefully give you an idea on what I'm talking about. Also I've added the meal times at the top next to the sleep column for each day (I only did it for the one day). Let me know what you think...

[attachment=0]A3_Diary_FDC_LA_EDITS.docx[/attachment]
Hey Jrw60,

I would love to see your samples too, if you don't mind sharing. It will be great to get an idea on how people are creating their documentation... it will be awesome if you could share it... To upload the attachment first click on post reply at the bottom of this page and like Lindy said you'll see the upload attachment tab down the bottom!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:04 pm

scratches head not quite sure I'm 'getting ' your idea.

Wanna show me? (I'm a visual person!)

Ah I see said the blind man!

Hear hear said the deaf man!

Here's what I have so far.
Will have to start using it tomorrow so fingers crossed.
a3 diary for printing.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jrw60
Participator
Participator

Post by jrw60 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:31 pm

DAILY COMM PARENTS 2011v2.docx
I am so inspired by all the great advice on here - thanks everyone! Here is the daily communication sheet I mentioned earlier, Lindy. Keep in mind it is also a work in progress - I printed several out double sided then realised it would be easier to type in the children's names & dates and separate each day of the week after I started using it. I display this on a noticeboard for the parents to sight each day. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:43 am

Looking good jrw60,

Looking at yours reminded me that I need to do a nappy change table as well.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:17 pm

Hey Lindy,

Love what you came up with for your draft and I'm glad you understood what I meant about adding the Daily Curriculum underneath the Observation section... Although you may have to make it a longer column in order to fit each follow up experiences on... or maybe not... It's all about trial and error! I really am so excited for you, it's great to use a document that you created and overall understand!!

Hey Jrw60,

Great idea on the communication chart... it's simple and best of all it's all on one page! Oh and all you have to do is tick boxes... so easy...

I know Im probably repeating myself here but to the both of you THANKS FOR SHARING! :mrgreen:

L.A

Amanda Close

Post by Amanda Close » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Wow Lindy, look at all the work you've done. This is fantastic!
Thanks once again for sharing. :thumbup:
I had not thought of adding daily routines into my documenting. I have been concentrating on observations, out comes and forward planning, with a couple of learning stories as well.
I do have a loose plan/program time line at the top of my form.
I will have a go at up loading it.
This is great...sharing and stuff. :giggle:
Nope, cant send it..extensin is not allowed

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:05 am

Hi Amanda am glad you liked it. Is only by sharing these ideas we can evolve our planning and documentation.

Am interested in what type of file extension you were trying to attach?

Amanda Close

Post by Amanda Close » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:26 pm

file extention?...not sure on terminology here, but the program I used to design the form was works word processor. Not too comp. savvy lol :oops:

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:12 am

Blank for programming sheet.docx
Yet again my baby has grown.

I've been trolling through the wonderful resources here and have added some things from the resources pages. :giggle:

My coord had a look at my sheet this week and she was REALLY impressed.
So thanks everyone for your input and suggestions.
This help is what makes this site such a valuable resource.

Amanda Close

Post by Amanda Close » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:07 am

Wow this has grow into something all incluseve..well done Lindy. Its been interesting to see your documentation form develope :).
Thought I might try again to send you what I have come up with. :think:
DATE CURICULUM.docx

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:43 am

great work Amanda;
Looks Fab!!

Thanks for your words of encouragement!!!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi Lindy & Amanda,

Great to see what you both are working with!

It’s very exciting to see what you came up with at the beginning and where it is now…

How is it going putting your programming into action? Is there anything that needs to change? Is there anything that you need to add?

L.A

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Is working well for me LA.

I just have to get my head around the weekly evaluation in an objective way.

I'll then be moving onto my next challenge and thats streamlining my obs.

1 thing at a time Lindy, 1 thing at a time lol

Amanda Close

Post by Amanda Close » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:35 am

Hmm...not right yet, but I intend on continuing with it so I can tweek out the problems. All seems too involved for mapping their learning, growth and development.
Sure I will get there, eventually. :thumbup:

jrw60
Participator
Participator

Post by jrw60 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:16 pm

Still ironing out a few wrinkles with my paperwork, but it's getting there! Feeling really confident and not so alone now that we are working together. Thanks so much for your wonderful ideas & generous sharing ladies! Like you, my ideas have grown. Here is one of the documents I'm pretty happy with - I hand write this one to document significant learning & spontaneous events as they happen - it goes with me everywhere during the day along with my camera, and is displayed for the parents on my noticeboard. Would also work on the computer if you prefer. Quite different than where I started with 6 x a4 pages per week - 2 for the nappies, sleep thing and one for each day I work - now it's just 2. All suggestions and ideas gratefully received! Also collaborating with a really switched on Educator with other documents (ha ha, you rock and you know who you are!!) http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/i ... /heart.gif
Love this site L.A!!

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:11 pm

Who is this masked collaborator you speak of and can I collaborate with this wonder too??
And this rock you speak of hope it isn't being thrown at the Educator. Oooops thats right that's stoning. Mind you these days being stoned isn't the same as it was back in the good ole days! BC! lol

Looking good jrw60

Amanda Close

Post by Amanda Close » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:43 am

jrw60,
I gotta say that your form is looking pretty stream line and all inclusive, I like it a lot....is it working? :mrgreen:

jrw60
Participator
Participator

Post by jrw60 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:10 am

Thanks for the encouragement! Works well for me so far - been using it for 2 weeks, thanks Mandy & Lindy for your inspiration, great minds think alike hey! As for the masked collaborator - lovin' your sense of humour! Isn't it fantastic we can share from so far away - Qld, NSW and Tassie.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Through all your documentation I think I'm beginning to understand what family day carers need in terms of practicality. It's been interesting for me, having never worked in a family day care before to read what your thoughts are on the EYLF!

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:06 pm

You don't REALLY want to know my thoughts L.A lmao They are very scary indeed lol