Do Activities Planned Have To Run For The Whole Week

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
tinytots
Participator
Participator

Do Activities Planned Have To Run For The Whole Week

Post by tinytots » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:50 am

Hi,
I just want to ask everyone's advice on programming an activity. I have been told that when i plan an activity that it has to run for the whole week not just one day. Is this correct as i am just starting out and want to make sure i know what i am doing :) I plan to do a different activity each day but if that is incorrect and i should do the same everyday since we have different children everyday i better think about what i am doing then. Please help
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Do Activities Planned Have To Run For The Whole Week

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:05 am

That's a really good question! I think that it really depends on the group of children you have through out the week. I have learnt that each day there are different groups of children because not all the same children come each day. So, what you do on Monday with one group may not be the same as you do on Tuesday with the other group. Even though you may get the same children coming each day, having a few "new children" can really change where the "Tuesday's group" interests are going, compared to the Monday group. It also depends on what the activity is planned for. If it's part of your intentional teaching and you want all the children to achieve the same goals then you can use it for the week, or doing an activity based on the group gaol, if it is for a specific child or an interest emerging for a child on a particular day then it doesn't have to run for the week. It just really depends on the purpose of the activity... So, no through my experience an activity doesn't have to run for the entire week, it can if you want it to but doesn't have to...

:geek:,
Lorina

tinytots
Participator
Participator

Post by tinytots » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:22 am

Thank you Lorina :kiss: I feel a lot better in knowing that as being told different had me thinking haha. Yes i plan for the child and when the child is in that day i do the activity for them but the other children who are interested join in as well.

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi Tinytots,
It gets really confusing doesn't it when we are told different things from different people. A lot is up to interpretation. I agree with what Lorina says. When we in FDC get different coordinators they all have different interpretations of the information. I have learnt that if I can explain to an assessor how and why I do things then it will be ok.
Linsaa fdc :wave:

tinytots
Participator
Participator

Post by tinytots » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:46 am

Yes i agree with you Linsaa. Thank you for the reply :)