Making a Baby feel safe and secure

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
zoebannerman

Making a Baby feel safe and secure

Post by zoebannerman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 am

Module: Support the development of children

question: Describe the care giving practise required to make a baby feel safe and secure.

My answer: It is important to be aware of the many safety issues and concerns that you face when working with young children and babies. The most important aspect of safety is for you, the caregiver, to be fully equipped to protect and support the young infant. The babies needs to feel safe and secure with the caregiver and build a relationship. The child needs to feel happy when they walk or get carried into the room. Showing the child joyful activities’ letting the child know that childcare is a fun place to be at. Being friendly with the child helps them feel loved because you are being nice, smiling and interacting with the child. Following the child’s routines, attending to their cues, communicating with the children in a positive manner. Also I make it my business to bond with every child, even though every child is different in their own way I try and make a safe and secure relationship with all children.

my tafe teacher sent it back saying i have not said anything about care giving practises and how they make babies feel.

Can anyone please help me?
Cheers Zoe

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: Making a Baby feel safe and secure

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:53 am

Have a look at the information below on Learning Outcome 1.1 - Children feel, safe, secure and supported. I got these info from "Understanding the Early Years Learning Framework"
This is evident, for example, when children:

• build secure attachments with one and then more familiar educators.

• use effective routines to help make predicted transitions smoothly.

• sense and respond to a feeling of belonging.

• communicate their needs for comfort and assistance.

• establish and maintain respectful, trusting relationships with other children and educators.

• openly express their feelings and ideas in their interactions with others.

• respond to ideas and suggestions from others.

• initiate interactions and conversations with trusted educators.

• confidently explore and engage with social and physical environments through relationships and play.

• initiate and join in play.

• explore aspects of identity through role play

Educators promote this learning, for example, when they:

• acknowledge and respond sensitively to children’s cues and signals.

• respond sensitively to children’s attempts to initiate interactions and conversations.

• support children’s secure attachment through consistent and warm nurturing relationships.

• support children in times of change and bridge the gap between the familiar and the unfamiliar.

• build upon culturally valued child rearing practices and approaches to learning.

• are emotionally available and support children’s expression of their thoughts and feelings.

• recognize that feelings of distress, fear or discomfort may take some time to resolve.

• acknowledge each child’s uniqueness in positive ways.

• spend time interacting and conversing with each child.

heyashik

Post by heyashik » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:23 pm

australia
Participator
Participator

Post by australia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:40 pm

Scenario :
As an early childhood educator, it is also your responsibility to raise the children’s awareness of safety. The centre ensures that there are enough programs and activities that promote safety awareness among the children in the centre.

Your Task: Create a poster to help promote safety awareness among the children in the centre. You may choose any topic or theme relevant to child safety or promoting safety awareness among children. Below are some examples of topics or themes you may use for your poster:
• Stranger danger
• Safety in the kitchen
• Safety in the bathroom
• Safety in the park
• Safety in the beach
• Safety in crossing streets
• Handwashing
can anyone please help me?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:47 am

So you need to create a topic on one of the themes above. Here are some examples:

https://goo.gl/images/n2kzBS
https://goo.gl/images/GDfZ8
https://goo.gl/images/otuK6z

So using one of these ideas, you can create a poster.

:geek:,
Lorina

australia
Participator
Participator

Post by australia » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:39 pm

Thank you so much Lorina!!!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:50 pm

You’re welcome!