Checklists/Guidance For Programs and Portfolios

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Angi Tekii

Checklists/Guidance For Programs and Portfolios

Post by Angi Tekii » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:16 am

hi there, so i was just wondering if anyone could share with me different types of checklists/guidelines of what i may be looking for in the program and portfolios. i am new to this job and would really appreciate any help, ideas or suggestions. at the moment i have a notebook that i write everything in and date it. thank you in advance.

Angi

Lorina

Re: Checklists/Guidance For Programs and Portfolios

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:21 am

That's a good idea for educational leaders to have a checklist of some sort when going through educators program and portfolios! :thumbup:

Maybe something I have to do in the future as a template of some sort!

Anyway, for now I was just thinking you could possibly use the "Guide To The NQS" - Quality Area 1". It has a range of questions to determine if educators are included everything, as well as examples etc. It may help to give you an idea on where to get started:

Guide To The NQS

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:21 am

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Angi Tekii

Post by Angi Tekii » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:09 am

thank you so much. i am currently working with this quality area as guidance but i just feel that there needs to be something more specific for the educational leader role. really appreciate your help :thumbup:

Angi

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:46 am

Yes I agree! I will look into designing a checklist/form of some sort specifically for educational leaders... I'll see what I can come up with...

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Angi Tekii wrote:hi there, so i was just wondering if anyone could share with me different types of checklists/guidelines of what i may be looking for in the program and portfolios. i am new to this job and would really appreciate any help, ideas or suggestions. at the moment i have a notebook that i write everything in and date it. thank you in advance.

Angi
Hi Angi,

You gave me the suggestion a couple of months back regarding a checklist for Educational Leaders to lead and assist educators to document children's learning. I have just released "Educational Leader Checklist template" which is a guide/checklist that can be used to check on how educators within your service are implementing the framework across all areas of documentation.

You can download it here: Educational Leader Checklist

Thanks for the idea and I hope it's what you're looking for!

Lorina