Belonging, Being and Becoming Jotting Template

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
SparkleGirl

Belonging, Being and Becoming Jotting Template

Post by SparkleGirl » Sat May 23, 2015 11:51 pm

Hello,

I had a quick search of the forum/site and cannot find an answer; hopefully I did not miss it at all, apologies if I did. I am having a play around with the documentation templates that I use, and came across the Belonging, Being and Becoming Jottings template. It seems to really suit the purpose I am working on right now - something quick and easy to document those small things you see each day.

Anyway, I am just a tad confused as to how the evaluation box at the end relates to the whole thing. I have written my observation, analysis of learning and where to go next bits. Since the evaluation box has a date option, I am assuming this relates to an evaluation of an experience or learning opportunity where the 'working towards' goal is reflected upon, although I am not 100% sure about that. Could someone who has used this template before just clarify what the evaluation refers to - current ob or extension of learning experience?

Thanks! :)

Lorina

Re: Belonging, Being and Becoming Jotting Template

Post by Lorina » Sun May 24, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi There,

Happy to hear you are able to find a template to suit your needs!

Yes, you're right! In regards to the "Evaluation" box this is used to evaluate the learning opportunity or experience from "Working Towards". The date in the "Evaluation" is basically when you did the expereince in "Working Towards" to evaluate it.

When you select download of these templates there is also a "sample" which you can dowload and view which will help you understand how to fill in these template as well...

Hope this helps.

:geek:,
Lorina

SparkleGirl

Post by SparkleGirl » Sun May 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi Lorina,

I totally missed the 'Sample' button when downloading previously; that probably would have answered the question! So, thank you for replying and filling me in.

I have found this template really useful to draw out the EYLF fundamentals from my child observations. It was useful to look at the children and their learning through the Becoming, Being and Belonging lens, rather than the Outcome lens.

Elizabeth

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue May 26, 2015 4:30 am

Hi Elizabeth,

No problem! We include "samples" for all our templates. It's just sometimes easier to "see" rather than to "read" for some.

When observing children it's good to have a range of different observation methods, rather than stick to the same ones all the time. This way you get a better understanding of a child's overall development and learning...

:geek:,
Lorina