Before and after school care programming and obs

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
goretti6

Before and after school care programming and obs

Post by goretti6 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:02 am

I work in Before and after school care and wanted to learn some ideas of how I can do programming and also observations for 60 children in my room every day.I am rostered at different venues everyday and do not meet the same children everyday Thanks

Lorina

Re: Before and after school care programming and obs

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:44 am

Hi There,

I'm not too sure if you have checked it out already but I have created an OOSH curriculum plan template as well as observation templates (available, in Resources, Classroom Management, Online Tools) which can be used at your service. There are also samples available which you can view.

Online Programming and Planning Tools

With the observations, it's going to be impossible for you to do 60 observations per day and it is not necessary. Observing a child once a month is sufficient enough. I suggest you write up a monthly timetable, based on the days each child comes and observe 2 or 3 children per day, depending on your overall numbers. This way it doesn't seem like such a big task. When doing observations it's good to get the other staff involved as well, so you don't have to take all the responsibility to do it by yourself. When writing up the timetable just jot each staff's name down next to a child's name so they are responsible for observing their own child. If your staff don't know how to observe well then you're just going to have to teach them.

Also when writing up the curriculum plan I find it easier to do it at the end of the week for the following week. So, this way you're not going into work on monday with a blank curriculum plan. If you're documenting correctly then from weekly curriculum you should have follow up activities each day to add onto the curriculum plan for the following week. Check out the OOSH curriculum sample, to get a better understanding of what I mean.

I'm also going to add a couple of links to topics, on the forum which cover before and and after school care programming. Have a read through these and this should also give you an idea on where to start.

1) http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/c ... -t872.html

2) http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/c ... -t314.html

Hope this helps,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

goretti6

Post by goretti6 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Thanks LA sorry for the late reply I was on an European tour and have resumed work again in Oosh.I would like some help of how to do different kind of observation with a sample ,curriculum planning, reflective practice, how to write quality improvement plan with a sample,daily diary etc and any other help that I can receive. I have been out of touch so hope I haven't repeated what you have already said earlier. goretti 6

ozzie54

Post by ozzie54 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi
I have clicked on these links and it is coming up error41

ozzie54

Post by ozzie54 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:53 pm

OOPs that was 404

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:37 pm

ozzie54 wrote:Hi
I have clicked on these links and it is coming up error41
It happens sometimes, you just have to refresh the page...

Anyway check this out - you can also edit templates for OOSH settings as well:

EYLF Templates

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:40 pm

As for topics on the forum regarding OOSH Programming and Planning:

OOSH Documentation
OOSH Programming Template
OOSH MTOP Programming

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:45 pm

Also just want to add that there are upcoming NQF and for OOSH services this includes:

Services that educate and care for children over preschool age in the Northern Territory, Queensland and NSW will no longer be required to keep documentation about individual children’s development. Instead, these services must keep documentation about the development of the educational program. There is no change to existing requirements for services that educate and care for children over preschool age in the ACT, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia.

Ref: Upcoming Changes To The NQF

Hope this helps!

Lorina