after school care programming

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
oziwi

Re: after school care programming

Post by oziwi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:32 pm

At the moment we do individual and group obs. I've heard that ooshc services didn't have to do obs, but we do it any way. Every week we have team meetings and do our evaluations, from our obs. We plan our programs, discuss our QIP and everything else that needs to be discussed. Some days are better than others, and some days you wonder where that 3 hrs went to cause your either deep in discussion with a bunch of kids or theres a new activity that EVERYONE wants to do. I know it sounds like we have a lot but it's only at the beginning and end do you realise how many kids there are. With such a big service comes a lot of space, and I have to say our school is really good at allowing us to use rooms when we need them. I suppose we're pretty lucky

Deahnn86

Post by Deahnn86 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi there

Just wondering if i could get some help on doing an OSHC program. How the layout should be, do i do child observations ect. Im finding it hard as all the children want to do after school is watch tv play the wii or computer games, there not really interested in arts and craft even if i do plan for it. I seem to do lots of planning but the kids arnt interested.

oziwi

Post by oziwi » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Hi Deahnn
I know its hard to pull kids away from the box but turn it off and only have it on specific days. Why don't you start the craft off and tell the kids you need their help to finish it off. It's amazing for me when I get 12 yr olds come over and want to do what your doing. Today I got asked to play tip with some year 5 and 6 students and I said only if the younger ones could play too, they had no problem with that. I think its more about joining in and showing them that play no matter how old you are matters.

hua052011

Post by hua052011 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:08 am

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I uploaded the Curriculum Plan screenshots for OOSH centres yesterday. Click on the link if you haven't checked it out already...

Link: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/c ... html#p4897

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

mtevelynps

Post by mtevelynps » Wed May 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi,
Just wanted to say a BIG thankyou for the OSH programming templates!! I have been driving myslef crazy trying to think how this was going to get done. These will come in very handy & i can adapt them to fit our service. It will hopefully make my life much easier.

I am sure that others will get a lot of help from these as well!!

hua052011

Post by hua052011 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi

I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

Pls use search box to find this questions with comments

rosedelamer

Post by rosedelamer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi
I am after some templates for portfolios of before and after school care

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:46 pm

rosedelamer wrote:Hi
I am after some templates for portfolios of before and after school care
Hi Rose,

In regards to before and after school care templates, the templates we have available can be edited within the MS Word format to accommodate your needs. Most of the templates have a focus on early childhood services however, we have provided the MS Word format, editable version so you can also edit the EYLF for MTOP. Also, since EYLF and MTOP and very similar most of our templates can be used within a before and after school care setting.

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Just wanted to add that you can choose any of the templates to put together to create your portfolio.

Here is another portfolio template set for OOSH services as well:

My Yearbook

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina