Responding To Non Verbal Cues

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Meagan.A

Responding To Non Verbal Cues

Post by Meagan.A » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi there,

I'm a student studying my cert 3 in childcare and I'm also new on here I was wondering if anyone could please help me with a question I am stuck on.

Give two examples of how to responded to a child’s non-verbal cues.

Lorina

Re: Certificate 3 in childcare

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Meagan.A wrote:Hi there,

I'm a student studying my cert 3 in childcare and I'm also new on here I was wondering if anyone could please help me with a question I am stuck on.

Give two examples of how to responded to a child’s non-verbal cues.
Non verbal cues are communicating without talking,so a child crying, rubbing their eyes, yawning, lifting their hands up in front of you... These are all different types of verbal cues that a child may use...

:geek:,
Lorina

meta

Re: Certificate 3 in childcare

Post by meta » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:34 pm

Does it specify an age?

Non-verbal cues are often arbitrary without context, so perhaps, to show understanding you could suggest examples that highlight the child's age and an action you have seen/ experienced personally that demonstrate a non-verbal cue?

For example: A child between the ages of 1-2 years may point enthusiastically at their favourite toy perched on a shelf, it's essentially using body language