CERT 3 - Interact effectively with children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
elliejane89

CERT 3 - Interact effectively with children

Post by elliejane89 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Hey everyone
I have been stuck on this assignment in all various Tasks but I am slowly getting through it, I think haha!
I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with the following question:

What would you do to ensure that sufficient time is given for children to express their ideas?

I have been going over and over my notes and googling various things but cant seem to find the appropriate answer!! Grrr

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Educater
Participator
Participator

Re: CERT 3 - Interact effectively with children

Post by Educater » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:39 pm

hi,
well i have done cert 111 but this question was a little different
i'll try answering it
What would you do to ensure that sufficient time is given for children to express their ideas?
To ensure that we are giving sufficient time for children to express their ideas we should:
-encourage the child to express ideas
-don't be impatient and let them take their time and take in consideration their ideas and thoughts
-if the child has given a idea which you might think isn't going to work still encourage the child and say "lets see if it might also work this way", or maybe we should try another way".
-consider their thought and don't hurry through conversation
-allow suffiecient time for them to express their ideas
-let them think and express as much as possible
-discuss and evaluate ideas

i hope these things will help you out some how...hopefully