Pay Issues In FDC - Scheme Isn't Paying On Time

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
prinz23

Pay Issues In FDC - Scheme Isn't Paying On Time

Post by prinz23 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:13 pm

Hi there I have a problem with my Scheme /Service as well. Who do we contact as Educators if we have questions, whereby. the Service/Scheme will not communicate when I ring. I've emailed a couple of places. This is there reply. Thank you for your email. I can understand your frustration about the lack of clarity and consistency about when you are receiving you pay from Family Day Care. Unfortunately I do not have jurisdiction to investigate the matter. If you are unable to resolve the matter directly with the Service you can contact the Victorian Fair Work Commission. They can provide you with advice and mediate with your employer if need be. Their contact details are:

Tel. 8661 7777

Email: melbourne@fwc.gov.au

Address: Level 4, 11 Exhibition Street Melbourne.

If you have concerns about the lack of policy documents and processes at Family Day Care Service you can raise these with the Victorian early childhood regulatory authority, the Quality Assessment and Regulation Division (QARD) which is located in the Victorian Department of Education & Training. The Eastern Metropolitan Area Office of QARD will have responsibility for.... FDC. They are located at Level 3, 295 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley. Telephone 1300 651 940.

I hope this information is of assistance to you

Kind regards
Lesley Foster
NECS Ombudsman, Privacy &FOI Commissioner

It seems we as Educators are given the run around when we have a complaint. I have rung Quality Assessment and Regulation , FDC Australia, to no avail, where I can get help. My pay is always late. It goes into my Bank on Friday night at 6.05...6.15pm... I am like arlu8688 every pay has been late and always discrepancies but the recent one was very similar to this and i cant understand why? ...HOW DO WE AS EDUCATORS GET PAID? IS IT THE CCB AND CCR...OR IS IT ...EXAMPLE 47 HOURS @ 8.00 HR X 5 CHILDREN

I'm told we are Independent Contractors and Fair Work Commission can't not help us because we are Contractors...

Lorina

Re: Pay Issues In FDC - Scheme Isn't Paying On Time

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:27 pm

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time... Even though you are an FDC educator you may still be able to go to the Fair Work Ombudsman regarding this issue. I will contact them with and see what they say. if you would like...

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:17 am

Hi Prinz23,
I have not heard of any scheme doing this to their educators so I feel for you.
At the end of your post you said
prinz23 wrote:QR_BBPOST I am like arlu8688 every pay has been late and always discrepancies but the recent one was very similar to this and i cant understand why? ...HOW DO WE AS EDUCATORS GET PAID? IS IT THE CCB AND CCR...OR IS IT ...EXAMPLE 47 HOURS @ 8.00 HR X 5 CHILDREN
Most fdc schemes process and pay fortnightly some weekly. Our pay is made up of CCB+CCR+ parent gap fee. Our total pay is what we charge an hour times the hours we work or the minimum hours we charge for the day.....ie mine is 8 hours.
We might charge say $8 an hour x40hours a week= $320 our total pay for that child and depending on whether the parent has a CCB and CCR is what they will pay us out of their pocket, the scheme then processes the timesheets, the timesheets go to the department then we get back our pay advice and the scheme pays us what centrelink send back.
I work for two weeks, do the timesheets, the timesheets go to my scheme the following Monday, they process the timesheets send them off, they come back at the end of the week and then we get paid at the end of that week.
It is not unusual for there to be mistakes. Sometimes the mistake is from us writing in something wrong or forgetting to put in the unbooked hours, sometimes from the scheme not putting in the correct information from our timesheets and lots and lots of times its from families not telling us that their CCB has changed. Its a pain because that can mean there is three weeks of timesheets from the beginning of the fortnight till we get our pay for the mistakes to be noticed and then fixed.... that's just how it is. If your scheme is taking longer than that to pay you have a problem. I would look at changing schemes if they are giving you grief.
You don't have to go with a scheme in your area we have educators here in nth brisbane with schemes all over the place.
Linsaa fdc :wave:

Rosella

Post by Rosella » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:33 pm

How about changing schemes, our scheme gave us med forms to hand out to parents, fill them in and return them , ( not our job), before a certain date, all on our backs , nothing in newsletter to parents, no help.
anyway the short story is any forms that weren't handed in, we didn't get paid for, I'am gobsmacked, don't know wether to laugh or cry, we have been truly
played well. Carers are in the middle, its a hard job , dealing with parents and co-ordination units. Anyone know of good schemes, that look after carers.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Rosella wrote:How about changing schemes, our scheme gave us med forms to hand out to parents, fill them in and return them , ( not our job), before a certain date, all on our backs , nothing in newsletter to parents, no help.
anyway the short story is any forms that weren't handed in, we didn't get paid for, I'am gobsmacked, don't know wether to laugh or cry, we have been truly
played well. Carers are in the middle, its a hard job , dealing with parents and co-ordination units. Anyone know of good schemes, that look after carers.
Thanks for your input!

:geek:,
Lorina