orientation and children's privacy

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
thakshana
Participator
Participator

orientation and children's privacy

Post by thakshana » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:28 am

Dear Lorina and others,
I just want to clarify something whether it is legal. Parents of children are sitting in the classroom for two hours during orientation time. I feel this is not good for the privacy of other children and the staff members for the reason that each child's temperament is individual and unique to that child and we don't expose that to a third party and let to observe without the consent of the parents of those children. It will be much appreciated for your part of the views on this issue. Thanks all

Lorina

Re: orientation and children's privacy

Post by Lorina » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:27 pm

This is completely normal! During orientation patents must be present with their child during this time. This is because legally the child hasn't started at your service as yet and you cannot be held responsible for anything that may happen to the child so parents must stay with the child. You can request that only one parent can stay but there is no privacy issue. The only thing is you may find it a bit uncomfortable having parents watch you and your staff every move but it's Ok it's all part of it...

:geek:,
Lorina

thakshana
Participator
Participator

Re: orientation and children's privacy

Post by thakshana » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Thank you so much for your response Lorina, this helps me to understand and clarify doubts.